Help, confused by what to eat!!

Options
Hi all,

I am wanting to lose 10kgs to start. I work filling shelves 5 days a week and will start with the 30 day shred.

Just not sure if it is as simple as eat healthy and log it here or am I missing something?

Is there a place that has weekly menus ready to go that you can vary if necessary (I don't eat fish or most seafood for example).

I figure if I am going to do this I may as well do it right.

Sorry if this is a silly question!!

Thanks

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Eat food and log it. There's no magic food that will make you lose weight.
  • mistress8956
    mistress8956 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Have a food deficit. And yup it's that simple :) although working out is great too. I tend to eat healthier so that I can eat more I dislike being hungry
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    No menus on this site. That's the beauty of it. You eat your own food, make your own choices. You log it and see how your numbers add up at the end of each day. As you become more familiar with various foods, and the numbers that you're looking for, you'll begin to adjust your own daily food choices. It's not spoonfeeding, it's real life.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Eat food and log it. There's no magic food that will make you lose weight.

This. In particular when you start out it often works best to eat normally for you but within your calorie goal. Over time you will find that eating the more nutrient dense, calorie low foods like veggies and lean meats will allow you to eat more and feel more satisfied.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Do eat: Food.

Don't eat: Babies
  • asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I just signed up at mfp this week. I'm eating how I usually do for about a week just to get a sense of what I'm already doing. It's the same kind of advice given when you're setting up a budget for your personal finances. Just track what you already do for a little bit, then you can adjust from there.
  • kirstenmaria
    kirstenmaria Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    To lose weight you can eat whatever you want as long as calories don't go over. If you want to consider the scientific effects of "bad" foods on your body, then that's a separate issue. For example, Diet Coke has 0 calories, but I stopped drinking diet sodas because of the effects they wreak on our bodies and brains. Cheese and sugary foods also pack a big caloric punch with less nutritional value, so I try to limit those. My heavy-calorie foods these days are nuts. High in calories, but a handful here and here is good for me, so they say.
  • scoobydoo76
    scoobydoo76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks, just over thinking again!!

will start tracking and adjust from there, cheers.