Rest vs. exercise

klmmoore
klmmoore Posts: 98 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I know its important to let your muscles rest, but for how long? I worked out 5 days in a row so I was going to take today off. Is that enough or should I take another day off? Is it better to rest after 2-3 workouts? Help please!

Replies

• CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    I workout 7 days a week....I just take it easier once a week so instead of my exercise video I just walk some....I guess it is a mindset thing I think if allow myself to not then I will start telling myself it is ok on other days....and I also fell better when I exercise.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    You want to be resting your muscle groups from resistance and strength training...you can do cardio everyday. Go by how your body feels as well. Say you workout your legs pretty hard and you're sore the next day. Take the day off! Also make sure you're getting enough protein after you work out 'cause this is UBER important.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    If your using weights either weight training or circuit trainint with weight then do that every other day. Do cardio on the other days that way you will get your muscles rested in between. Rule of tumb never train the same muscles 2days in a row. Examp chest and chest. If you train chest and shoulders one day train back and biecps the next and so on
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    My weightlifting friend had my group Alternate upper and lower body workouts (every other day for each) for 6 days a week and rest one day, BUT we walked about 3 miles every single day. I lost 2-3 dress sizes in that 3 month period.

Have fun! :drinker: (lots of water)
This discussion has been closed.