health issues update

Options
I've had a few people ask me why I haven't been doing my daily calorie page, and I thought I would make this post as to why.

I've had more health issues come up now, and I just have been an emotional wreck to be honest. I learned that I do not have multiple sclerosis, however they are not sure as to what I have. So I went to another doctor, and I am waiting for some test results now as we speak. The weekend before Christmas something happened that I've never went through before. The night before Christmas I was told what apparently happened to me, since I have no recollection.

I overdosed on my medication that knocked me out for 4 nights. Sat nite to Tues night. The medication that I took was Zoloft, Celexa, Xanax and Pamelor. Zoloft was half a bottle, the other three were full. Please don't misunderstand this as a suicide attempt, because honestly...I don't remember if it was or not. All I know is that my mother and grandmother told me that I basically slept for almost 4 days, they had to help me go to the bathroom - in which I don't remember any of this. I haven't told my doctor this either yet, but I will when his office opens soon.

I'm not sure how I'm still alive - or how it even happened. The symptoms I've had for last few months is a lot of body twitching.. Feels like my body is vibrating. And for the last three days, I've had a major headache, plus my blood pressure has been so high. I'm on blood pressure medicine, and I've taken tyenoyl but since the OD, that's all I've taken. Scared to take anything else to be honest.

Replies

• cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    OMG, make sure you go get your blood levels checked! I nearly had an antidepressant OD because of how my body metabolizes that certain class of drugs, and it really can be deadly.

I'll throw this out there, too, just because it's completely overlooked by most docs in younger people: Pernicious Anemia. I had (have) it and it caused nerve damage for me because it took so long for them to look for it. Definite MS type symptoms. It'd be great if that's what yours is! All you'd need is a monthly b12 injection. Please ask them to check specifically for it, because the symptoms (and even b12 levels) vary more than most GPs know. It's not taught in any real detail is all, because it's pretty rare. If it is that, B12 injections work; if not, they just won't, so please really do ask. (Pills are no good, because it's a digestive issue with the vitamin).