Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,910 Member
    Options
    Chicken soup and lots of liquids.
  • Wingg_
    Wingg_ Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Seems like drinking lots of fluids is the key to recovering from the illness! Thank you you guys for the great advices!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    when I am sick i eat if I can keep it down …if I am really sick I probably do not eat anything….I would just worry about getting better…if you get hungry eat some food..if not, don't worry about it
  • MassMuscle30
    Options
    When your sick and you lose weight because of not eating, I try not to pack the weight back on, but make sure your eating atleace 1,700 Calories a day when your sick. Clean eating because you don't want to lose Muscle while your sick. So try to eat High Protein meals like fish & baked chicken or steam with some soup. and drink lot's of water. that way you won't put on any water weight... So If you'r Maintenance Calories are 2,000 try to hit close to It. Hope this help
  • Wingg_
    Wingg_ Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    When your sick and you lose weight because of not eating, I try not to pack the weight back on, but make sure your eating atleace 1,700 Calories a day when your sick. Clean eating because you don't want to lose Muscle while your sick. So try to eat High Protein meals like fish & baked chicken or steam with some soup. and drink lot's of water. that way you won't put on any water weight... So If you'r Maintenance Calories are 2,000 try to hit close to It. Hope this help

If I don't work out when I'm sick and my maintenance calories is 1550 at lightly active do I still eat 1550 cal if I don't work out?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling kind of sick right now so I'm asking this just in case I really fall ill. When you guys are sick do you still stick to eating your maintenance calories? Or do you just eat whatever you want? But when we are sick we tend to eat a lot lesser, do you eat those calories back once you have recovered?
    The day after Christmas to Saturday I was sick with the flu, including fever and chills and was in bed a lot. Since my tummy was fine, I ate what I could. Thursday I did not come close to my calorie limit because I was in bed a lot, Friday and Saturday I ate almost up to maintenance. No, I did not eat any of those missed calories back.

While sick, just take care of yourself and eat what you can.