Weight training

Options
Quick question,

How come the site does not credit you for cal's burned in weight or strength training... is it because it is too small? That does not make a lot of sense to me...

Thanks

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Log it in under the Cardiovascular section to count the cals. Strength training section is for keeping track of reps/sets.
  • billybed
    billybed Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    that makes more sense... thanks
  • billgiersberg
    Options
    I go to the tab exercise and then "add exercise". Search for Strength Training or after you have used it, just sort by most recent and it should pop up. When you plug in the minutes, it will calculate the burn or you can enter in the burn from your HRM if you have one. I enter in the number that I get when I log my workout into another website I use for my home gym.

I often wonder just how accurate the burn results are from my strength and elliptical workouts. Just how do they know? It all must be a rough guess I would think but it is what it is....
  • adk1971
    adk1971 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Only way I have found to get around this is to log each weight exercise under strength so I can track reps and weight but then also enter an overall time under cardio that covers the session.
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Too many variables to be able to accurately account for the calories.
  • kangababy
    kangababy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Yeah I always where a HRM when I lift weights with my trainer because we do more of a circuit set with some cardio mixed in and I input it by making up an exercise. We repeat things sometimes so some are generice like Upper body, lower body!
  • SomethingElseToo
    Options
    I had a question but figured it out. Now I can't delete my post. :tongue:
  • mark996
    mark996 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Just sayin..there should probably be a sticky or something about this...this is literally the 5th post about this type of thing in the past 3 days...