Options
Hiya all

Im 26 from the uk, I wanted to be more active for ages but there was a lot of things stopping me. My partner of 5 years left me yesterday, I was down and out but today got up with a new out look maybe this is my chance to change for the better and for me.
I have signed up for a 10k run in march got my weights out the cupboard and set up my punch bag. I know this is going to be hard but im hoping that I can get some support off here. Please feel free to add me

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    That's horrible, but congratulations for making the choice to be healthier (and hopefully happier) in 2014. Welcome!
  • Addict92
    Addict92 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lisa
    I've been overweight all my life. My family is useless and only criticize me. This year I'm determined to lose weight whether its a huge amount or not cause every little helps.

Good luck everyone and feel free to add me.
  • M1k3y7891
    Options
    Thsnk you both its not a nice situation but try to change a negative into a positive
  • Crystal01012014
    Options
    How horrible for you.
    Well done for turning the negative into a positive.
    I'm adding you now. :)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Things I wish I'd known when I started:

1. Take before pics!
    2. Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Things I wish I'd known when I started:

1. Take before pics!
    2. Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

^^^ This :-)

Feel free to add me as well mate. I live in Cannock :-) Just signed up for a couple of triathlons so got my work cut out as well. 2014 has a chance of being a great year for you, I really hope it is.
  • Chacbacharlie
    Options
    good luck xx
  • davert123
    Options
    bump
  • M1k3y7891
    Options
    Cheers guys for your support,

Dave im not at triathlonss yet my goal is to do Northampton half marthon in september trying 10k first. Hows your trainimg going
  • davert123
    Options
    10K is a good target to start. Its good you have a realistic goal for your half as well. you should make it no problem. I did the royal parks half about 4 years ago now, tried to train for it 6 months and it wasn't long enough for me Got around it but it was painful :-)

My tri training is going well thanks. I've started from scratch really about 4 months ago. Couldn't run a mile and couldn't swim crawl. My running has come back quite well. I managed to get around a 7.5 mile run a couple of days ago. Bike riding is progressing - managed 9 miles on a hilly route. Swimming is still slow and I need to focus on this. I've never swam front crawl and until November :-) My first tri is in April in Litchfield . It is a sprint distance so it is short - 400m run, 18k bike and 5k run. I've booked into an Olympic one in August which is longer - 1500m swim, 40k bike and 10k run. I'm really enjoying the variety and Im hoping that it will reduce the chance of injury Saying that I am finding it hard work. Training for 3 things is quite time consuming.
  • M1k3y7891
    Options
    Yeah I think if I got something to aim for it wil help me reach mu goal.

The lichfield one is good my boss did that couple years ago cuase his swiming was rubbish to lol it would be a great challegne for me to see if I can do it but im going focus on the little things first :)
  • davert123
    Options
    Yeah I think if I got something to aim for it wil help me reach mu goal.

The lichfield one is good my boss did that couple years ago cuase his swiming was rubbish to lol it would be a great challegne for me to see if I can do it but im going focus on the little things first :)

sounds the way to do it. One thing at a time :-)