My Time To Shine

Options
Hi
I've yo yo dieted for years and been thoroughly unhappy and last few years close friends and family have all succeeded in reaching weight loss goals.looking fab and feeling great . I refuse to have another year of making do with the few clothes that fit and being so unhappy in the summer months so I'm grabbing back control and doing it my way .Any tips on using myfitnesspal would be great x

Replies

• BeachGirl6871
    BeachGirl6871 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Happy New Years!! I'm right there with ya!! I took time off from here and switched to Weight Watchers and there isn't any special science with WW - it's calories in vs calories spent - don't pay for it. this is best for free and the support is awesome! Log in everyday to keep your support and knowledge for yourself that you're doing this and being proactive about it. After years of up and down weight - it's always because i stopped doing something like this every day. I came to realize - i have a eating disorder and for me i can't stop ever weighing or watching and keeping track of what i put in my mouth. frustrating but reality! Best of Luck!!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Your positive attitude about things will help you immensely in accomplishing your goals.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I was a yo-yo for many years! Consistently logging my food is the key for me….it's something I will have to do forever. Changing my mindset to " this is not a diet but a life' has also been the other success factor. Gets pretty old having to lose the same weight over & over…. stick with MFP….Forever! :)
  • charcj
    charcj Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you :-) I tried ww pro points and gained weight - the more restricted I am the more I rebel like a naughty child even though I know I'm fooling myself lol . heard so much good fb about MFP that I'm committed 100% as I'm doing it my way my rules if that makes sense x
  • JosiBella
    JosiBella Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm new here too and I'm hoping my first endeavour is a success. Just wanted to wish the other newcomers the best of luck. Here's hoping I can stick to the optifast and gym visits. Feel free to add me as you wish. Stay classy folks!