Self Confidence Dropping with the Pounds (Females)

Options
Don't get me wrong, I've lost 13lbs, went from 157lbs to 143lbs, but my problem is...My boobs have gotten smaller as well. And people have notice. I was a C, now I'm a B. And that's hurting myself confidence a lot. But I want to keep losing weight, I'm just scared I'll be an A cup.

I want your opinion, If this was happening to you, what would you do?

Continue to lose, but possibly lose a cup size?
Or just stop and learn to be happy with what you have now?

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Are you at a healthy weight/body fat %?

Do you like how you look now?
  • Jessicahanzlik
    Jessicahanzlik Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Are you at a healthy weight/body fat %?

Do you like how you look now?

I honestly want to lose more, but I'm not sure how I will feel when I have no chest....
  • kbitikofer
    kbitikofer Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That happens to me as well when I lose weight. It would be nice to keep the boobs but lose from everywhere else. But I've decided, after much mental battling, that I would rather sacrifice my cup size to be happy with the rest of my body (I can always add padding for the time being). When I reach my goal weight, and have maintained for an extended period, I might look into getting a boob job.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    When I first started trying to lose the weight mine got a lot smaller also. But as I continued to strength train 3x a week they got bigger. They might even be a little bigger than when I first started. Maybe they look bigger because I am smaller. At any rate they did get bigger with the weights. I do a few extra weights to target the arms and chest. I think it has helped.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Get a padded bra
  • Jessicahanzlik
    Jessicahanzlik Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That happens to me as well when I lose weight. It would be nice to keep the boobs but lose from everywhere else. But I've decided, after much mental battling, that I would rather sacrifice my cup size to be happy with the rest of my body (I can always add padding for the time being). When I reach my goal weight, and have maintained for an extended period, I might look into getting a boob job.
    This actually sounds like the same mindset of me, thank you.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Does it really matter what size they are? Are you any less of a woman if you're an A cup versus a C cup? If you're at a healthy weight and body fat percentage and don't want to get any smaller, than don't lose more weight. If you're not, accept that you might lose more to get yourself to a healthy body fat.
  • knowitall3321
    knowitall3321 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing happen to me almost. I started running and dropped two cup sizes, but as I continued to run I think my body just kind of got used to it. They went back to being a normal size for my body, and I think they might for you too. and I saw that someone else said strength training helps, so maybe try that?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    My confidence isn't in my cup size, maybe it's just me. My confidence comes from being better today than I was yesterday, reaching my goals, making new ones and pushing past those, by liking the person I am.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You need to learn that chest size isn't the most important thing in the world when it comes to self confidence....
  • JJananii
    JJananii Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    When I start to lose weight the same thing happens to me. My body takes the fat from my boobs first, but after awhile of sticking with it anyway, everything does start to even out again by way of proportion. Your chest will be a smaller size of course, but since the rest of your body will also be smaller, the proportion should be about the same :flowerforyou:
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Having all that excess fat was just putting you at higher risk for breast cancer. If you are so concerned just open a Christmas club acct and start saving for a new set. Or buy a nice set of cutlets to fill your old bras and give you extra lift. Most fashion models are an A -B cup enhanced to a C with cutlets
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    It can do a number on you to see your body change. Part of it is just an adjustment you have to go through. When I first had to downsize to a B cup I was pretty down about it, and about my body in general. But I went out and bought some pretty push-up bras, and I started working on my self-talk. I started making an effort to say nice things about my body. I've got nice shoulders and arms, for example, and that's not something I've ever been able to say before. I also tried to focus more on achievements in the gym.

Give yourself some time and be patient with yourself. And when you look in the mirror focus on what you like rather than what you'd like to change. Also I don't know what kind of exercise you do but strength training will help you with body composition as you lose weight, which will help ensure you're happy with your body when you do get to goal weight, even if you have smaller boobs than you'd like.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem, because I want my boobs to get smaller. I can't wear anything that doesn't have an underwire, and that includes sports bras and bath suits. I can't go into a store and just buy a bra, I have to go to a specialty shop or special order it. I am very limited in the types of tops I can wear, because strapless bras at my size are just hilarious and all the straps on my bras are at least an inch thick. I've spent my entire life with people identifying me not by name, but as "the girl with the big boobs in your English class." People treat me like I am stupid or assume that I'm out to sleep with every man I meet. I avoid making eye contact because it hurt too much to constantly see people looking down at my chest.

My point is, boobs aren't all they're cracked up to be, and they don't define you. My breasts are not an achievement. I didn't do any work to make them this way. Now, a killer set of abs, or really cut arms, or a fantastic butt, those are things that I can change and say "hell yeah, my hard work did this."
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    *headdesk*
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Being upset about a letter changing is the same as just a number on the scale. Are you healthier? Is your chest size the only negative of losing weight.

Have you been professionally fitted by somewhere other than Victoria's Secret? Just recently my "B-cup" sister finally got fitted at Nordstrom. 36D.

If you're hung up on sizing, first make sure you're actually even the size you think you are. Might change your perception.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I don't mean this to belittle the OP's fears but our culture's fascination with breast size, particularly from the women themselves, never ceases to amaze me. Ancient Chinese used to bind women's feet to try to keep them from growing, because they valued small feet. I wonder what body part we'll be in pain over trying to maximize or minimize in 500 years.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Why are you scared of being an A cup?

Erin Simmons could be the president of the IBTC and she (most males and females would probably agree) is hot as... because she's physically attractive and also the hard work, consistency and determination required to get that body is very admirable and attractive as well.

316vl2g.jpg

OP, as an always AA... AAA cup-er, I get it. For the longest time I defined my femininity or lack thereof based on my boobs then I realized how superficial and childish that is. I've never received any complaints from any guy I've been with which used to be my justification for my small boobs being "okay." Now I think they're more than okay, because they're mine and my body is capable of so many other awesome things than just being something to carry around a big, perky set of tatas.

Don't let stupid numbers define you or belittle you as a female. If you want big ones, get 'em redone when you've got the rest of your body figured out.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm going to quote myself from another post...

Boobs are overrated. I'm not sure why they are so important to people. 50% of the population have them in one form or another, and the other 50% of the population like them in pretty much all of the different forms they come in. They come from hormones, genetics, body fat, and silicone. You don't get them with hard work, discipline, or effort (maybe the fake ones since you have to earn the money for them). They don't improve your healthy, or represent imporved health. They don't make you stronger, or run faster, or jump higher (in fact they can do just the opposite). They are pretty I guess, and ultimately they DO feed infants but they can do that no matter the size, sagginess, or symmetry. But really, they are just boobs.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I have always been flat all my life. It's those giant thighs that drag me down all the time...Guess really to each her own. :)