My progress story

Options
Wow so I just had this all filled out and then my webpage restarted itself :grumble:
Anyways, the very short version:
I was always able to eat whatever I wanted at 19 due to: being a teenager, did LOTS of walking/working, etc.
I had 2 kids, and got a bit depressed trying to keep myself while being a Mom and a navy wife(lots of deployments and missing my hubby were involved).
I BLEW UP and went from my low of 118 to a high of 204(pregnancy with the 2nd kid). Usually hovered in between 160-170 when not pregnant. I started using MFP again this past summer, about July-ish, and started at a gym in August. I started with a trainer that I check in with once a month for: bf% check, measurements, and scale weight. He gives me a Day 1, Day 2 routine that I do for about a month and then check in all over again. I LOVE this, it has helped. It's 30 minutes of cardio broken up with lifting weights and using weight machines. Every time I start to get bored, it's just about time for a new routine. That has definitely kept me motivated to not just give up yet again. I love my gym, my trainer, and can't talk enough about them. They are all amazing people, even my kids are obsessed with it(their child care ladies are awesome, and they even have a legit playground in it!) Anyways!
Stats: I am 4'11
I started out in July at around 168, and am now currently between 138-139. I kind of took a deficit slack in December, so I've only lost maybe a pound or two in the past month, but still have a decent average of weight loss. I'm now fully refreshed and am aiming to lose another 10-20 pounds(mainly wanting to get to 18-20% BF, so just depends on how much muscle I lose with the fat lol).
My body fat has gone from:
at 160 I was 31.9%
at 140 on December 2nd, I was 25.1%
I actually get weighed in again tomorrow, so will update with my new BF then.

This picture is about 2 years old, and around my heaviest non-pregnant weight:
314393_10150347996998100_8680889_n.jpg

These are before and after(didn't start taking pictures right away unfortunately)
SideBandF.jpg
BeforeAfter.jpg

And a picture of my hubby and I at a Holiday party in November(much better than the last pic of us together I think lol)
1462999_10151813766248100_1307523104_n-1.jpg

Edited to resize one of the pics that apparently didn't resize small enough :blushing:

Replies

• Still1Workoutatatime
    Options
    Outstanding progress!!!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Wow !!! very nice loss !! looking good :)
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    If this time it still didn't work, then I give up lol

b353b7c7-83d6-46c9-a14f-74e7e1c93f43.jpg
  • mrsamanda86
    Options
    Thanks guys :) Can't wait till I have reached my ultimate goal and can share THAT picture!
  • She_Hulk
    She_Hulk Posts: 277
    Options
    Amanda, I am so proud of you! You have been working so hard and it shows. Congratulations on your weight loss. You really do look amazing, girl! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    You look great. Your final transformation will be amazing. Thanks for sharing.
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Great job.you look great.
    My height and weight are similar to yourz ..but i have a loonnggg way to go.lol
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing! :)
  • mrsamanda86
    Options
    Thanks guys! Lori, you have been such an inspiration to me hon, thank you so much for being such a great friend. Love you!!!!

Aniqa, just stick with it and eventually you will get there!
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Your success warms my heart and your friendship and inspiration are cherished. You look and are amazing. Thanks for sharing!
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! Congratulations on your loss, you obviously worked hard at it and you look great!!
  • Keema2003
    Keema2003 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Can see the difference! You look great!
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job! =)
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Thanks for sharing!
  • mrsamanda86
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It hasn't been easy saying no to all the extra helpings of deliciousness, but it has definitely been worth it!

I definitely couldn't do it without my MfP friends :) you guys are awesome!
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Very good. You look amazing.
  • chevyimpalagirl
    chevyimpalagirl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous i just spit on my computer lol and you call yourself my friend! rub it in why don't you. No seriously you look awesome:laugh:
  • mrsamanda86
    Options
    I'm so jealous i just spit on my computer lol and you call yourself my friend! rub it in why don't you. No seriously you look awesome:laugh:

LOL :laugh: Love you girl!!
  • JDURPS
    JDURPS Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep up the good work!!!

:heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!