Happy New years / 18 months (Pics)

My 18 month life style change anniversary is in 19 days, but I just can't wait to post! For the first time ever I had New Year's Eve plans I want to show off my dress (hehe).

For the full back story you can check it out here :

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1056110-it-s-my-one-year-anniversary

Since last July a lot has happened. I moved out of my beloved Texas to a state I really can't stand. I started my masters program and my own strength and will were both tested as I am the only person in my department who:

a) attempts to take care of themselves and look professional
b) workout
c) doesn't drink myself to a beer belly and
d) brings my lunch

with all that said, I said my prayers and hoped I could just maintain. Losing weight wasn't in the cards. Took me forever to find a gym, a park to run in, and get into my usual routine after packing up a 21ft UHaul and moving cross country. To my surprise I did lose another size (probably due to the lack of TexMex) !

I would still like to tone up a bit and thats where my new years resolution lies, no more weight loss, just continuing what I am doing.

A few pics to show progress along the way. Feel free to message me or add me as a friend for support! And a quote from my last post, "So to conclude (and to those still reading, thanks!), you can do this. You are worth it. It won't be easy. You are going to have a bad day either eating, working out or both. It's really emotional. You won't ever be the same because you will be you at your absolute best."

20rms9j.jpg

Best,
Meghan

Replies

• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    You look great! Congratulations on your success despite the new environment.
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 494 Member
    Wowza!! Incredibly well done!!
  • MissDesiAmaris
    MissDesiAmaris Posts: 70 Member
    Amazing! I love all of the dresses too! :)
  • Keema2003
    Keema2003 Posts: 36 Member
    you look awesome. I am in a 14/16 now. This body has never been a size 6! maybe 1 day!
  • TheBadToe
    TheBadToe Posts: 246 Member
    You should be very proud of yourself. I don't know you, but seeing your success brings me joy.
  • meplus60
    meplus60 Posts: 1 Member
    Wow! What an amazing difference!
    You look fantastic!!
  • 199WillDo
    199WillDo Posts: 87 Member
    You look AMAZING! Congrats!
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Texas misses you. You look great. Congrats on the transition.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    I see you looking amazing hunn!!! Nice job....HNY
  • txcaveman
    txcaveman Posts: 167 Member
    You left Texas?!?!?!?!?!????

We will take ya' back.

P.S. - You look great. Great committeemen and CHANGE!
  • You look great girl!!!!!!!!!
  • Cynchuh
    Cynchuh Posts: 2 Member
    Yay!.... Congrats!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Beautiful!
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Thank you everyone :)

You left Texas?!?!?!?!?!????

We will take ya' back.

Yes and that deciscion currently stands as #1 in bad life choices ;) I will back though, just gotta get a stupid piece of paper that reads "Masters of Fine Arts"
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    You look so good! Is your favorite color red all your dresses are that color :)
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    You look so good! Is your favorite color red all your dresses are that color :)

Haha kind of! My undergrad school colors were maroon and white and my grad school colors are red and white. I guess I do have a subtle attraction to deep reds!

And thank you :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!