London Broil - What do I do with it

jrich1
jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
I bought at one at the store because it was cheap and looked good, anyone have any good recipes for this?

Replies

• bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    I've sliced it really thin and made Korean Beef with it (can't remember where I got the recipe from though).
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    This is the recipe I use. It's easy and never fails to disappear quickly!

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/grilled_marinated_flank_steak/
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    I've sliced it really thin and made Korean Beef with it (can't remember where I got the recipe from though).

I have a recipe for Bulgogi
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    My favorite recipe!

http://www.reluctantgourmet.com/flanksteak.htm

*Make sure you tie it rather than use toothpicks, it doesn't work too well!
  • ysaidpie
    ysaidpie Posts: 83
    There is a Montreal steak dry seasoning that u can use as a dry rub or mix with soy sauce and some oil to make a marinade. Or plain salt and pepper it, makes it taste great too. I cook mine on super high heat (highest setting on the stove until the pan sizzles when u drop water on it). I cook it only for about 5-8 mins per side for a typical 1 inch to 1 & a half inch steak, depending on how u like it (I prefer medium rare). It tastes so good because it gets a nice crust on it but stays juicy on the inside. However, this method usually does smoke out my house, but It is worth the sacrifice. Just let it rest before you cut it and slice it as thin as possible because London broil has the tendency to be a tougher cut. Oh and I pair it with green beans roasted with olive oil and garlic, and mashed potatoes (just a few... :) or I bet mashed cauliflower would be good too! Another alternative I started doing lately to substitute the "mash" is chick peas. I love them, and have been mashing them with a small pat of butter. Maybe it's not for everyone but I love it & find it very filling!
This discussion has been closed.