Juicing

Options
Now, I don't do the extreme juicing where that's all you take in, but I do it as a better way to take in more fruits and veggies. I'm wondering if y'all have any suggestions on the best way to count the calories associated ?

Replies

• chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I have read that you look up the nutritional information for the whole fruit, then you look at the number of grams of fiber, multiply that by 4, and subtract that number from the total calories.

So if a hypothetical apple was 100 calories and had 5g of fiber, you would get 80 calories. 100-(5*4).

When I make fresh juice, I generally just use the calories from the whole food and that leaves me a buffer of sorts.
  • ShawndaSallee
    ShawndaSallee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I usually do the same it's just a bit of a pain cause I make enough juice for like 3 days. So it's like "ok add all the indivisible fruits or veggies, then how many servings are in a container blah blah." Lol but I think I'll just stick to doing that. I usually don't count my veggie juice cause mine is a lot of LOW cal veggies so it's almost like a free juice. It's more the fruit I'm worried about. Lol. But thank you for your reply! Have a great day!!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Now, I don't do the extreme juicing where that's all you take in, but I do it as a better way to take in more fruits and veggies. I'm wondering if y'all have any suggestions on the best way to count the calories associated ?

Don't juice - blend the fruit into a smoothie and count the whole thing.