Starting Over

Options
I'm a 46 year old married father of one living in the East London / Essex suburbs and have struggled with my weight for most of my life. As a boy I was very overweight but somehow, without conscious effort seemed to lose all the excess fat at the age of 16. For the next 6 years or so I yo-yoed between 160 and 190 pounds; always either losing or gaining weight but never stabilising. After getting married and beginning to travel extensively on business my weight crept inexorably upwards and reached 270 pounds from where I spent the best part of two decades yo-yoing between 240 and 280.

New Year's Day 2012 saw me beginning MFP for the first time with remarkable success. I lost 70 pounds between January and July, began running and even participated in a 10K run. A combination of a holiday followed by hernia surgery and beginning a stressful new job saw me slowly fall off the wagon and steadily gain weight throughout 2013. How much, I don't know - my guess is between 30 and 40 of those 70 pounds have been regained.

So, New Year's Day 2014 sees me recommitting to eating sensibly and exercising regularly.

Feel free to join me on the journey.