Where do you get your sports bra?

Options
Happy New Year everyone!

So, I'm in desperate need of a new sports bra, but I'm not sure where to get one. I think the one I have now I got from Sears, but I never really liked it very much. I'm not an overly-endowed girl, but I'm not small either. Price isn't an issue so long as it's worth it.

Thank you in advance! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Bump?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I prefer the compression-type bras for better support when I run. I get mine at Target - they have several varieties and they are reasonably priced around 12-15 bucks, but run sales often. Most places will have gear on sale with the start of the new year.

Old Navy is surprisingly good with workout gear - I have several of their sports bras, and while they have great prices (on sale for $8 sometimes), they are not my favorites, but might work for you.

Also check TJ Maxx, Marshall's and places like that - big name brands for a whole lot less than retail.
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I really like the ones at Road Runner Sports - I'm a38C and they're great for high impact. :)
  • My best ones I own have been from kohls and marshalls. The target bras never seemed supportive enough to me.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I like the ones from lululemon. Someone at the Changes bra store (they sell a smaller range of band sizes, going down to a 28 band) recommended it. But, then someone else recommended Target, so I may try that next time. The Under Armour ones look good also (I think I saw those at Sport Check).

People with large breasts need more support. People with smaller, perkier breasts don't want too much support.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Target and Old Navy, but I have small breasts. I like the ones with adjustable straps.
  • dixieracer27
    dixieracer27 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I bought my Under Armour bra at a local sporting good store. It's the compression type and was worth every single cent, they're around 65.00 but will last for a long time. You can find them wherever Under Armour is sold.
  • iamafoodaholic
    iamafoodaholic Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    www.titlenine.com
    They have wonderful bras. They are ranked by barbells. Five barbells support even a DD in high impact activities.
  • tabbyxxcat
    tabbyxxcat Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I got a champion sports bra from Target :) just clingy enough, cutest patterns ever, and it was only $15 :) I only had a C cup when I got it, now I'm pretty sure I'm gonna end up with a flat out B when I reach my goal, so I'm guessing anyone who goes over like DD might want something with more support...
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I need some new ones, too. I can never find ones that I love. I feel like there is never enough support...esp if I want to start running. I look at Marshalls, Target, ****'s Sporting Goods, Modell's. I bought a few from Old Navy...but I don't think they have very good support, so I only wear them for non impact activities. I really hate spending money on clothing that is going to eventually get stinky and have to be thrown out. :\
  • yajeeb
    yajeeb Posts: 3
    Options
    The one I got at Old Navy started to stretch out after a few months. I haven't made a purchase yet but I did scope out the ones at Victoria's Secret and they are surpisingly good quality. Pricey, but seem good fit. Worried about longevity after the Old Navy one though. I've never had a sports bra that lasted more than a few months.
  • juliasays77
    juliasays77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My favorite is this one from Kohls: http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-147215/champion-sports-bra-double-dry-distance-6209.jsp

I am a D cup and need lots of support and stability for running.
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am busty... so I have an Enell bra that I wear for high impact exercise. For other stuff (like water boot camp, swimming in general, elliptical, lifting) I wear compression sports bras from Target. They do the job pretty well for about $12-15.
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber for me but I am busty and need great support for running.
  • iheartbiology
    iheartbiology Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Walmart. 3 for $10.
    I don't have much money or boobies...
  • riccimua
    riccimua Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This was great topic! Thanks for asking the question. I am a DD and need support-some great options are out there thanks everyone!
  • needtogetfit932
    Options
    I get mine at Target. Finish Line has some good ones too.
  • sky15425
    sky15425 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    The Juno and the Maia both are made by Moving comfort.
    If you're running and have larger breast these bra's really hold them in place.
  • runningincognito
    Options
    I used to be a big fan of buying the cheap bras at target and just putting two or three of them on. Recently though I bought a high impact sports bra from victorias secret and now I wear it everyday to run in and lift. I LOVE it and I don't have to put two or three of those ten dollar bras on. I wear an A cup but I can tell when my breasts aren't supported. The high impact VS bra makes me feel like I don't even have breasts and the bra looks pretty sexy too. I hope you find something that works for you!
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Target but I can fit in a training bra... so I don't really need any support.