runner on a plateau

Options
4leighbee
4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
Hi :)

I'm excited to try something new. I love that it keeps track of carbs, sugar and sodium. I am usually in the hole for sugar by 10 a.m., however, lol ... so I guess that's a wake up call. I'm trying to lose 15 pounds, mostly to make my running easier on my joints and my times faster. I'm in my 40s so everything is coming a bit harder these days ... I look forward to hearing ideas from others!

Leigh

Replies

• toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner too and just finished my C210k Training today! Would love to have you add you as a friend.

Have you considered switching your running schedule up? One day dedicated to long runs, speed and different terrain?

Do you cross train or lift weights?
  • nicoleeoff
    nicoleeoff Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You might take a look at Chris Powell's book about carb cycling. It's what I follow, and I've consistently lost over the past 16 months. Of course, the closer you get to your body's natural ideal weight, the slower the process, but if your goal is to loose and maintain energy levels it may be worth looking into. ????
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    thanks for the tip! I'll look for it!
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    Hi - just learning the site :)

I do lift - trying to find a better balance, because I get big on top when I lift, and I'd rather keep myself less bulked up. Great run today, btw. I'll friend you as soon as I can figure it out. :)
  • shoshanay
    Options
    I'm new to the runner world... But I so love it. My goal this year is to get fully into running.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    That's how we are all different. I run and I have to constantly make sure I eat enough, because it make me lose too much weight. Good luck!!