Ahhh!!! Any Zumba instructors here?

Options
So a friend and I recently got certified to be Zumba instructors, and we just found out that a local parks and rec department wants to meet with us tomorrow to discuss a potential class and to do a demo. The zumba forum is down, and I was hoping that perhaps I could find a zumba instructor or two here who has been through the process of looking for and finding jobs! I have no idea what to expect tomorrow, and what we should even do for a demo!

Thanks in advance! :)

Athina

Replies

• staceylburnett
    Options
    Hi Athina,

I am a proffessional dancer and a zumba instructor.... before i started my classes i first set up my 45 minute song list and learnt all the dances to all songs off by heart as an instructor it is so important that you know all this off by heart so you can warn everyone what bit comes next etc as it is quite hard to pick up!

I then contacted gyms and halls and have hired a hall out 1 night per week and i teach 5 classes for a local gym all week. I got my start dates and started advertising alot... mainly facebook (which seem to be the best bet) I now am constantly fully booked every week and have over 45 people booked in sometimes!

To make it more fun i move the class around for a song or 2 so they r in a circle or in half facing eachother...just keep smiling the whole way through ur class too and remind everyone how many calories they are burning... good luck! I hope all goes well!

let me know how your first class goes x