Stay at home Mom's????

Options
So being a stay at home Mom really presents unique challenges... like having access to the kitchen 24/7! Ga!! So I am trying to find some other SAHM's to join me on this journey. I am just starting out... please add me if you are a SAHM!

Replies

• miz4wagon
    Options
    Im a stay at home mum, with 4 los just started using myfitnesspal if u fancy being fitness/weightloss buddies then feel free to add me x
  • Kolealansmom
    Kolealansmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also a sahm. I would love to join to join this in your journey. I am determined to make this the year that I lose the weight I have b een trying to lose for years.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Being home all the time means I'm in control of what is in there. For me, I have one cabinet for the kids, and a separate cabinet for me, with healthy snacks and meals. I keep a bowl of fruit on the counter, and cut up veggies in the fridge. When we get sugary snacks, I get just enough for one snack.

Also, try to keep busy instead. There is always mopping and laundry to do around here! I'll go for a walk rather than watch tv, or get on my elliptical when my son is napping.
  • Mother_Warrior
    Mother_Warrior Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Keeping busy is certainly a struggle, but I am realizing that is something I really need to focus on. It's hard for me when I get bored not to find myself looking through the cupboards in the kitchen. I'd do much better with a ful-time job that keeps busy and unable to just grab food! LOL!

I have three kids, 6,4, and (almost) 2! My oldest started Kindergarten this year and my middle child is in 4K two days a week. So I find I have a little more "me" time. Getting in exercise is really going to be a focus for me too.
  • Just_Sha
    Just_Sha Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom as well. Add me if you like.
  • heatheraugust03
    heatheraugust03 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    need friends to keep me in check please!
  • BiancaCaputi23
    BiancaCaputi23 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am a sahm as well. Two, 2 & 5(almost). I think it would be easier as well to have a full time job when it comes to keeping me away from the food, the struggle!!!! Add me :)
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Im a sahm too. I have 3 kids ages 5 , 3 will be 4 in march and my baby who is 14 months. It can be a challenge but for me it makes it easier to not go get fastfood. Loading up all the kids hardly seems worth it. Lol. I just started buying healthier snacks for the kids so theres not really a lot of junk. They eventually stopped asking for cookies every five minutes. Add me if u like. Im on here a lot
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Just wanna encourage all you stay at home mom's. Last year I lost 25 lbs from January to around springtime. I stay home during the day as well. What helped me were having scheduled walking appointments with friends and coffee or lunch plans with the same friends. THis made it easier to choose better while eating and kept me on task for workouts. I know not all moms have the same number of kids and can do each of these things but what I'm saying is PLANs can be made for any situation that will make room for success. Good luck!!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Mother_Warrior
    Mother_Warrior Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I agree with me planning is key! ... so that's the plan! Haha!