Greek Yogurt?

Options
atynk
atynk Posts: 400 Member
I can't stand cottage cheese, but here greek yogurt is high in protein and good for you.,..
Before I buy some, just wondering what it tastes like, or what you eat it with?

Thoughts?

Replies

• angiereid
    angiereid Posts: 158
    Options
    I EAT CHOBANI YOGURT I LOVE IT PINEAPPLE STRAWBERRY AND BLUEBERRY ARE MY FAV'S ABOUT 160 CALORIES PER 60Z CUP
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I EAT CHOBANI YOGURT I LOVE IT PINEAPPLE STRAWBERRY AND BLUEBERRY ARE MY FAV'S ABOUT 160 CALORIES PER 60Z CUP

This stuff aint bad, that dannon or whatever brand was on the biggest loser tasted like wall paper paste
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have just bought some the other day, and I'm not a big yogurt eater... but have been hearing how good this is for you, so I tried it and I liked it.... BUT... I bought the plain, and I ate half the cup and added around a tsp of Cinnamon, and I had strawberries and kiwi with it and it was oh so yummy. It kinda reminded me of the yogurt parfait at McDonald's. The first few bites took a minute to get used to the texture, but I added some more fruit and I loved it. I bought the vanilla too, but haven't eaten that one yet... it has more calories.
  • mariekphillips
    Options
    Greek Gods Honey flavor is super yummy with fruit!
  • Timborino
    Options
    I like it much better than regular yogurt. I've only had it with fruit flavors: blueberry and strawberry. My experience is; it is firmer than what I know as "regular" yogurt, similar to sour cream in a tub. The taste has a bit more tang but I like that because I think regular yogurt tastes somewhat bitter. If you like regular yogurt, chances are you will like greek yogurt.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    I LOVE IT. I get the Fage 2% that comes with fruit. It's SOOOO good!!
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I love mixing Total Greek Yogurt [plan] with lentils or quinoa. It's my substitute to creme fraiche or sour cream. Yum!
  • maleva720
    maleva720 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Chobani is my favorite. Vanilla, honey, strawberry, blueberry, peach...Sometimes I add a tablespoon of mini chocolate chips and sometimes I add frozen fruit and blend it into a smoothie. Others on here say its a good sour cream substitute on baked potatoes etc.
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Is it high in fat? is there a light version?
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    Fage or Oikos (Stonyfield's organic version) are my faves. Fat free and plain - if I want sugar or fruit I add it. Just had some for a snack.
  • ProperFlower
    ProperFlower Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love Fage 0% - its fat free, 90 calories for a single serving cup, and I think just as fresh and creamy as the 2% version. I mix it with just about anything, but my favorite is to mix in some honey and walnuts for a more wholesome snack or even breakfast. Its soooo tasty and reminds me of being in Greece!
  • ashleyp35
    Options
    add some fruit and granola..it tatse sour plain
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    You can def get a light or non-fat version. I love the plain and adding a little sweet myself because the flavored ones increase in sugar and calories. But even it plain is soo good. A little tart but I like that part. Normal yogurt is too sweet for (unless its frozen yougurt....hehe). I even buy the trader joes brand to save sum bucks.
  • june_warner
    june_warner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I buy the dannon greek vanilla yogurt and I add a little fruit and just a dash of stevia for a little sweeter taste. It tastes great and has 12grams of protein!! an't beat that! It's worth a try!
  • crystal081
    Options
    If you have a trader joes their plain greek yogurt is delish, but quite tart. I suggest a sprinkle of splenda and some chopped bananas or other fruit it's super good.
  • unknownndoll
    unknownndoll Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    LOVE Dannon Plain greek... i dont buy any sweetened/fruit ones. I hated yoplait and didnt like chobani (with fruit).... i cant afford the other kinds!! I have heard plain greek referred to as tasing like sour cream- kind of has the tart flavor of plain yogurt but with a very creamy smooth and thicker texture... yum.

eta- I love to eat it with fresh strawberries !! I eat at least one per day/ with or without fruit... and its only 80 calories for the one i like.
  • AndriaLL
    AndriaLL Posts: 162
    Options
    Chobani makes a really good 0% fat vanilla, strawberry, blueberry and honey flavored yogurt. (I haven't tried the other flavors) Oikos has a really good honey flavor, too, that I sometimes buy if I can't find the Chobani honey. (Chobani is a little less expensive than the Oikos)
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% is my favorite.

I know this probably defeats the point, but my officemates threw a birthday bash for one of the other girls a couple weeks back, and had an ice cream sundae bar with nuts, fruits and other goodies. I decided that instead of eating ice cream, I'd just turn my greek yogurt into a "sundae", so I tossed some chopped walnuts and a few semi-sweet chocolate chips in there. Oh wow, so delicious!

Normally I eat it plain or mixed with a little granola or berries, but the dessert version was a fun variation. ;)
  • moosenbratsmommy
    Options
    found some yoplait brand strawberry flavor today- i had about 2 bites before my son stole it from me! it was ok- little grittier than yogurt but not in a bad way- maybe its just thicker but seemed grittier to me- i dunno- it was different! i didn't like the price so i won't go out of my way to buy anymore- $1 each!!!!! they had a 4 or 6 pack not sure which- but i didn't check the price.
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    We almost always have either Greek yogurt, or sometimes an organic, plain, fat-free regular yogurt. There is a difference in taste and the Greek yogurt is a little thicker, but we use them both interchangeable. We use a LOT of yogurt, we eat it plain, we add fruit, granola, make smoothies, I use it in recipes that call for sour cream, or even heavy cream, which I never seem to have on hand. I seem to use yogurt all the time. Also, our daughters 3 years old and 20 months old LOVE any kind of yogurt.