Am I denying my body nutrients/fiber?

Options
So lately I have been kinda lazy and as a last ditch effort to save produce before it expires I make an all produce smoothie. First it started out with a cup of frozen fruits and some other fruits (i.e. mangoes, strawberries, etc). Now I have been adding stuff like Artisan lettuce and cucumbers. I blend it to a puree and then drink it. I do not add any extra juices, sometimes water.

Now I do juice a couple of times a week and I know that when making juice you lose the soluble fiber. But I figure that since its being blended and I am consuming everything that it is okay. Am I skipping nutrients or fiber by doing this?

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    If you're blending whole fruits and vegetables for the smoothies, and you don't strain it or anything, then you're not losing anything.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    If you're blending whole fruits and vegetables for the smoothies, and you don't strain it or anything, then you're not losing anything.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options

^^^

Mind you, the bit about before it expires means it's already lost some nutrients.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options

^^^

Mind you, the bit about before it expires means it's already lost some nutrients.

So I take it the clearance cart is a no no?
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options

^^^

So I take it the clearance cart is a no no?
    Produce loses nutrients the less fresh it gets. That doesn't make the clearance cart a "no no". Just be aware of it. Bigger picture. :flowerforyou: