How many of us....

Options
Are starting day 1 to a new you today? I am starting my true day one today. I've made attempts before but this is it. My husband is even joining the wagon this time. I have come up with a brand new mind set for this year. My new motto is... YOUR ONLY WORTH WHAT YOUR WILLING TO FIGHT FOR! I have been trying to remind myself of this in every aspect of my little world. I have a crappy part time job that I complain about daily. So I redid my resume and put in a ton of applications and I'm going to FIGHT for a new job because I'm worth it. I'm going to FIGHT that "I want to stay in bed" feeling in the morning and get up to work out because I'm worth it. I'm going to FIGHT off the junk food and eat something healthy instead because I'm worth it!

What about you?
Is today your day 1?
Have you tried to change your mindset instead of your habits?

Replies

• Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking a lot lately about 2014 being the year of change. That's really different for me. Normally I would be sitting here thinking this is the year I am going to lose the weight. This is the year I am going to *insert whatever*. This year however is the year of change. Most of that change is mental and the rest will follow.

Here's to new jobs in 2014 as well!
  • ecottencat
    ecottencat Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I agree year of change. Just got rid of an emotionally abusive boyfriend. Started a few weeks ago to eating healthier so hopefully we all keep up the good work to change for the positive!
  • SlimSonic
    SlimSonic Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi, today is my day one!

January is gonna be really hectic and difficult to stick to my goals, but if I don't do it today then the excuses are gonna take hold and it will be mid Feb ( after all the birthdays & holiday) before I get around to it!

2014 will be my year and that 56 lb has got to GO !:happy:
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Me! Pick me!! ;) This is truly day one for me. Ok, in the interest of full disclosure, I have had many day ones. BUT, this time I really mean it and it is not just about the weight. I am a stay-at-home mom that gives everything of herself to my hubby and son. This year, I am taking a little bit back for me. No more running around in my husband's clothes, no more feeling like I have to ask permission to do anything for me, no more eating crap food because I just don't care or don't have any energy, etc. (for the record, all pressure is self-imposed, hubby would let me do anything). SO, here's to all of us that are coming out swinging in 2014!
    You are worth it!! Good luck with finding the new job!