Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

low calories food Help!

I need ideas of things to eat when I am just hungry and need to eat.

Somdays if it is PMS, stress or just my mind, mouth and stomach want more
and I am close to my calories for the day what do you eat?

I have not tried baked Kale chips yet but any very low cal idea will be helpful.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Beef jerky (local, not the heavily processed stuff which has a ton of salt and a lot of sugar).
    Kale chips
    Seasoned nori
    snappea crisps
    An apple....
  • londontart
    londontart Posts: 27 Member
    I'd say this depends on if you're prepared to go over your calorie limit and by how much, and also how many calories you have left.

I find if I want lots of something thats low calorie I'll snack on grapes, blueberries, raisins - also great for PMS days when the body sometimes craves sugar. Even better - melt a couple of squares of dark chocolate and dip strawberry's in to it. Feels naughty but so long as it's a 75% or higher cocoa percentage its really not that bad!!
    Home made popcorn can also be a good one. I buy Neals yard kernels and pop them in Lurpack lighter then light butter to keep the calories down. Either eat plain, melt a block of dark chocolate and drizzle over (yes - I find many a use for my dark chocolate!) or sprinkle some cinnamon (good for controlling sugar levels too!!!)
    Kale chips are good as are any vegetable chips - parsnips and sweet potato chips (with a sprinkle of paprika) are favourites of mine. A sweet potato in small cubed pieces and baked with spices make a good snack too.
    These ideas are all good for when you need to keep reaching out for more food but don't want the calories to go up and up!!!
  • TheBadToe
    TheBadToe Posts: 246 Member
    I keep a container filled with unsalted almonds... Huge container. If I get hungry I throw a handful in my mouth.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Its hard to go wrong with veggies. Peppers, celery, cucumbers, and zucchini are all low calorie vegetables.

Air popped pop corn, while not low calorie per weight (An ounce of popcorn has about 110 calories, as opposed to a 120-150 average for potato chips) is low calorie for volume, so it looks and feels like you're eating a decent portion. I like the 100 calorie bags of popcorn because they're very convenient.
  • TipTopMMR
    TipTopMMR Posts: 89 Member
    plain greek yogurt with splenda and fruit, 100 calorie flax wrap with a babybel and arugula, string cheese and an apple, microwave a chopped apple for 4 minutes and top with plain greek yogurt and cinnamon and a little oatmeal, sandwich slim with a tbs of almond butter...all under or around 200 calories.
  • atibrat
    atibrat Posts: 70 Member
    I like the veggies and popcorn type ideas because on days like TODAY I need volume ( just a hungry day). I love veggies but need a new way to cook them. I think I will start baking zucchini, sweet potatoes and other veggies. I just have the munchies and I do not and have never done drugs :)

Apple great idea also never think of things like that when I feel like this.

BadToe if I started on almonds today OMG I do not even keep almonds in the house. If I buy them I try to buy about 20 raw almonds it is as bad as having ice cream in the house for me. I can't have just 1 or 20 or 40 if they are here :) There are just a few foods I have little control over so I avoid having them around.