breakfast ideas....

Options
2»

Replies

• mjones6599
    Options
    It varies:

Bacon n eggs, smoothies, bacon, cold cereal, bacon, peanut butter n honey toast with bacon, pancakes n bacon, and sometimes left over supper but, mostly, bacon :smile:

Great luck to you! :flowerforyou:

So, bacon???
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of breakfast (at breakfast time anyway!) but this is my favourite breakfast because it also tastes desserty.

ApplePieBreakfast.jpg

http://www.cookingwithjax.com/2011/01/apple-pie-breakfast.html

Nutritional Info per serving (1 cup)
    115 Calories 1 Fat 26 Carbs 2 Fibre
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    My top two breakfast meals... Calories variable depending on portion sizes,

1. Ham (or turkey), cheese, and crackers. With some apple slices if I want the fiber.
    2. Veggie scramble. Nuke a bag of frozen vegetables for 3 minutes. Brown them in a skillet with about a teaspoon each of olive oil and butter. Add one or two beaten eggs and scramble. Soy sauce optional. Ham and/or cheese another option. Eat with a fork or wrap in a tortilla. Nom.
  • fitatschool
    Options
    MY favourites are:
    1. Oats - my favourite ad-ins are Cinnamon, Honey, Chia Seeds, Vanilla Bean or Nutella when I'm feeling naughty ;)
    2. Pancakes - 1 Banana, 1 Egg, 1/4 cup Oats, 1/4 tsp of Baking Powder and 1 tsp Vanilla or Cinnamon (optional); top with Honey and Fruit!
    3. Smoothies - personal favourite is 1 cup frozen berries, 1/2 cup Almond Milk or Skim Milk and 1/4 Vanilla Yoghurt
  • Wicibeth
    Wicibeth Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Look here for breakfast ideas: http://instagram.com/tastyhealth

This woman is a genius.
  • katemckenna5
    katemckenna5 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    First post ever. I just want to be able to follow this thread. Thanks. :)
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Normally any of these

Greek yoghurt with fruit.

Egg omlette with mushrooms and cheese

Muesli however picky on what type as many are high in sugar. The one I've got a the moment is mainly oats and sultana's.

Plus a protein shake.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    I vary a bit. This morning it was 2 eggs scrambled, turkey bacon, and a cup of vanilla yogurt.

In the past I've done ham or turkey, bacon, yogurt with fruit; i used to swear by toasted english muffins and PB or AB; and i noticed some discredit the packaged instant oatmeal, but i really like it. the flavors are yummy, and it's super easy. add some fruit/raisins/nuts if you so desire.

i love breakfast.
  • cooky_monster
    cooky_monster Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Most mornings im really boring, just fruit and yogurt :ohwell: but im getting some very good ideas from everybody else here, so thank you! :smile:
  • Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hello all and happy new year. Im new here, I was just wondering if anyone has any good breakfast ideas? Since im not a breakfast person... Thankyou
    why bother if you aren't a breakfast person? Have your first meal when you get hungry.
  • FitMolly182
    FitMolly182 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I like making oats or pancakes. Both using protein powder
  • edwardkim85
    edwardkim85 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    banana milk protein shake . tastes like a smoothie and is/filling.

banana : 100kcal

skim milk 300-400ml : 200 kcal

promasil protein 25g(0 carb 0 fat almost): 100kcal

400 kcal breakfast. Protein, potassium, little fat from the milk, got everything you need.
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    great ideas !!! Thanks for sharing...bump for later ...
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I saute veggies and then add egg beaters, Parmesan cheese, and a little shredded cheese. My breakfast norm!
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    having a love affair with breakfast burritos...I use a whole grain tortilla (90 cals) and I scramble an egg, add ham or sausage and cheese. A dash of hot sauce and yum. Takes about 5 minutes and you can make ahead.

I also love non traditional breakfast foods, whatever strikes my fancy for the day...good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I like to have 8oz Fage 2% plain greek yogurt, with 2 Tbsp fruit preserves, and either a tablespoon of slivered almonds, or 1/4 cup of granola cereal. I'm surprised how full it keeps me