Got a new juicer . . whats your favorite juice to make?

Options
Looking for different vegi juice combos to try. also any tips about what can be done with the pulp?

Replies

• ALTnJRM
    ALTnJRM Posts: 43
    Options
    I juice a lot of fruit so I am probably a bad example but....

my favorite is a cucumber, two handfuls of spinach, an apple, and some pineapple (how much ever i feel like but prob usually around a third of a cup)
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Orange, carrot and ginger!
  • k_sinc
    k_sinc Posts: 39
    Options
    My 'base' juice is an orange, an apple, two carrots & two celery sticks.. and depending on what I've got in the fridge I might throw something else in there like cucumber or strawberries etc. I like sweeter juices.

You can freeze left over juice into ice cubes and put it in a blender with a little fresh juice and make a slushy (my fave, its summer here at the moment)
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    My fav cocktail:

1 porterhouse steak
    3 cups: sweet potatoes
    2 cups milk
    2 scoops whey protein

is sooo good

I save the pulp from my steak and mix it with my eggs
  • 69Courtnay69
    Options
    You have to put in in the blender in this order. Two cups of spinach, half cup of frozen blueberries, half of a small banana, tablespoon of hemp hearts, a teaspoon of wheat grass and a cup of unsweetened almond milk. Ice is optional. Blend it all together and it makes a awesome jump start breakfast for the day and gives you a burst of energy before a workout too!
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    kiwi!
  • comingsize12
    comingsize12 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I juice 2 apples 1/2 orange, lime and lemon, handful of spinach, 10 baby carrots, celery, 1/2 cucumber and 1/2 can pineapples
  • DowntonJul
    DowntonJul Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Carrot, apple and beet!
  • ShawndaSallee
    ShawndaSallee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have two standards that I use. One veggie and one fruit.
    veggie:
    -3 medium tomatoes,
    -3 medium carrots
    -1 medium cucumber
    -1 green or red bell pepper
    -3 LARGE handfuls of spinach
    -3 LARGE handfuls of kale
    Makes a small/medium pitcher full

Fruit:
    -1 pinapple
    -2 red grapefruit
    -4 red/delicious apples
    -4 large oranges
    -4 mangos
    Makes a large pitcher full
  • darthlacey
    darthlacey Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I make a spinach lemonade that is pretty yummy!
    8 cups spinach
    2 apples (it calls for granny smith but I use Gala because I like them more lol)
    1/2 cucumber
    2 lemons
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I've been having apple, red cabbage and lime a lot lately......it's simple lol
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Lemon Ginger Blast

1 cucumber
    Kale (without the stems...it makes the juice bitter to me)
    3 lemons peeled
    3-5 inch piece of ginger
    2-3 apples
    Parsley or cilantro
    Jalapeno is optional

I LOVE IT
  • SerenaKitty
    Options
    Most juices taste pretty terrible to me, but I do enjoy making apple carrot ginger juice! Also, fresh grapefruit juice is awesome.
  • jxchambe
    jxchambe Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    8 carrots, 2 oranges, 2 apples, 8 stalks of celery!
  • SANDRA_F26
    Options
    Thank you everyone ! some of those I'd would never even think of.. . . oooooo the possibilities! :)
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Apple/carrot/parsley is my favorite easy one, when I want more veggies I do cucumber, green apple, lemon, carrots, celery/whatever leafy green stuff I have on hand (spinach, kale, chard, etc).

I've found that, for me, throwing a cucumber into any veggie juice gives a great amount of juice for the price and I love the clean taste of cucumber.
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Beetroot, Kale, Celery, Apple + Ginger. Beet is probably my favorite veggie, used to be Kale but I love the clean energy I get from beets. Beets are high in nitrates which help with muscle contraction and blood flow amongst other things, you need less oxygen to get the same amount done, you can exercise harder for longer. Its one of just a few things that actually does what it says to the point where I can notice a huge difference, plus its a steady rise over a few hours from drinking it, it peaks 2-3 hours in.

If I'm in a rush carrots and bell pepper is good. Only takes a minute to prepare and juice, tastes good.
  • annoz
    annoz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just got a juicer yesterday and was wondering if you can make a whole days worth of juice the night before. I don't have time in the morning. I keep reading how the juice has to be drank right away or you lose nutrients. Is this true?
  • annoz
    annoz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Beetroot, Kale, Celery, Apple + Ginger. Beet is probably my favorite veggie, used to be Kale but I love the clean energy I get from beets. Beets are high in nitrates which help with muscle contraction and blood flow amongst other things, you need less oxygen to get the same amount done, you can exercise harder for longer. Its one of just a few things that actually does what it says to the point where I can notice a huge difference, plus its a steady rise over a few hours from drinking it, it peaks 2-3 hours in.

If I'm in a rush carrots and bell pepper is good. Only takes a minute to prepare and juice, tastes good.

Do you juice the entire beet root as is?
  • Jaegee817
    Jaegee817 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have a vitamix (which I LOVE) my base for 2 large smoothies is 1/4 lime, 1/4 orange, 1/2 apple, 1/2 banana a handful of kale or baby spinach, coconut water, honey. I'll add whatever other fruit is available, melon, grapes, pineapple, berries, whatever is available. Fruit never goes bad here because I'll just put it in a plastic bag and freeze it for future smoothies! They're really good and has helped me tremendously with stomach issues!