Ground beef

Options
Robotgirl3
Robotgirl3 Posts: 22 Member
Does anyone know any healthy things i could make with this? I had chili the other day and meat and rice the other day.

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Taco salad? Meatballs? These recipes allow you to decide how much beef you'd like per meal.

Meatballs in a tomato-based pasta sauce with lots of peppers, mushrooms & onions put over some spaghetti squash is a low calorie, filling meal. Just limit the number of meatballs to fit your calorie goal.

Taco salad with lots of veggies and some kidney beans and a bit of beef topping is tasty and filling.
  • rlmassman84
    rlmassman84 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I usually use ground turkey in my meatballs instead of beef, but the recipe works either way. I use 1 pound of ground meat, 1 egg, 1 cup finely crushed croutons (any flavor). Then I bake the meatballs and add them to whatever I am making. A current favorite is to make an orange sauce like you would get on Chinese food and to serve it over the meatballs and rice.

I like making meatballs because it makes it really easy to do portion control for not just the original meal, but when I have them as leftovers.
  • kj26boys
    kj26boys Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I make taco's, meatloaf, hamburger soup, etc. There are TONS of stuff you can do with beef. For tacos, instead of all beef, after cooking your beef, add about 1-1 1/2 c cooked brown rice, It's much more filling and stretches it. I know some who add black beans too. You can even make really lean hamburgers. I love beef. I find if I use lean beef and come up with other ways to cut the carbs out, it's not too heavy caloric wise. Example: If you make hamburgers or tacos, use lettuce leafs for the shell or bun. It works for me.