Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fat!?

Anyone have any ideas on how to get more fat into my diet? My diary is open but the last week isn't representative of my eating (car trip with food not completely in my control.) I can meet my other macros most of the time but fairly consistently don't eat my fat. I can not eat raw or roasted nuts because they tear up my intestines, I don't like avocados, and although I love cheese I can't eat it often or I go over my calories. I am short so that doesn't help with the calories I can eat. I have been trying to get more exercise lately to increase my calories but I still come up short on fat.

Ideas?

Charlotte

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    whole milk
    4% cottage cheese
    olive oil
    eggs
    bacon
  • jensterfer
    jensterfer Posts: 7 Member
    I add coconut oil to my coffee in order to reach my fat goal.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Coconut oil or butter.

I'm concerned about how you're going to do it though, if you can't fit cheese in to your calories. All fat has 9cal/g, so it's pretty calorie dense. If you can't make the calories fit, you're going to need to cut something else- I would suggest cutting back a few carbs to make room for the cheese or the fat you need to add.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    I add coconut oil to my coffee in order to reach my fat goal.

I also blend coconut oil in to my coffee...I don't eat a lot if dairy, and rarely have it in the fridge so the coconut oil takes the edge off the black :)

Homemade mayo is awesome - I make mine with EVOO. Goes on everything from salad to steamed vegies, to omelettes etc.

Choose fattier meats and fish - thigh over breast, salmon instead of white fish,add eggs, cook in coconut oil/ghee, drizzle things with olive oil.
  • 199WillDo
    199WillDo Posts: 87 Member
    Add olive oil to salads and veggies. I like coconut oil on toast.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    I like red meat...higher in fat than chicken, but still lots of protein.
  • _db_
    _db_ Posts: 179 Member
    macadamia nuts
  • Diet_Soda
    Diet_Soda Posts: 124 Member
    Another vote for coconut oil here. I love it spread on a whole wheat bagel thin.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    bacon bacon bacon
  • newlife888
    newlife888 Posts: 83 Member
    Do you eat meat/ fish? Olive oil and grapeseed oil. Eggs too!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Would you like some salad with that ranch?! I always have to use as little as possible to avoid uber calories from the ranch and other high fat dressings, but if that's your goal...
  • That is one macronutrient I have no trouble fitting in! :) Whole eggs, butter, whole milk, full fat yogurt, coconut oil hashbrowns. I almost always go over my fat.

I totally disagree with "conventional wisdom" that full fat dairy is unhealthy. And I grew up (obese) on skim milk, low fat everything. Now that I'm older, I realize what's good. ;)
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    My favorite are nuts, avocados and adding heavy cream to my coffee.