Excited about getting FIT!

Options
Hello all!

I'm a college student and new to myfitnesspal. I'm really excited about becoming more fit! I have been dating my boyfriend for about a year and a half now, and since he likes to take me out to dinner, we have both gained a good bit of unnecessary weight. This year (and every year) I hope to take off and keep off the extra weight.

My passion is horseback riding. Though many people don't consider it a sport, it certainly burns a LOT of calories. However, I have not convinced my University to allow me to bring my horse with me, so that cuts out that method of exercise. (; Fortunately, a friend at school has introduced me to the world of CrossFit. I LOVE IT! It brings me to the point of breaking, but when I realized that I have completed the WOD and am still alive, I feel a sort of accomplishment that I have never felt with anything else.

I am truly working for a better me and hope that by becoming a part of this community I will be aided in doing so.

Good luck to everyone in your endeavors in this new year!

Replies

• schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you too!!
  • dawkinsc2
    dawkinsc2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You certainly picked the right group! I'm excited to see how this works out for you. Post often!:happy:
  • dawkinsbs
    Options
    Thanks y'all!

WHOA! dawkinsc2! Weird...same last name?!

Very pretty horse you have there!
  • dawkinsc2
    dawkinsc2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    She's a beauty! Small world, huh? Fill free to friend me. Good luck in college...and let me know what healthy choices you select from the menu when you go out with your boyfriend. That will help us all!