Remove the FitBit during Cardio on a machine?

If you get your cardio on a machine that dispenses a value for calories burned during a workout, should you NOT wear your FitBit during such a workout (so as not to double-log calories burned?)

Just Wondering,
PW

Replies

• Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Depends. If it's a treadmill and the Fitbit is likely to pick it all up, I'd leave it and not log the exercise later.

If it's something like a stairmaster or an elliptical where the Fitbit is going to track erratically if at all, I wouldn't wear the Fitbit and log it manually later.
  • PennyCrow
    PennyCrow Posts: 11 Member
    I have a similar question about the Wii Fit Plus. Should I remove the FitBit One while doing the Wii? My goal in the distance future is that I will need to do something else for exercise but right now the Wii has me moving for the first time in a long time.
  • addmorecloud
    addmorecloud Posts: 78 Member
    I'm new to Fitbit, but I thought the reason for entering the time of the workout was so Fitbit could remove its tracking to stop double logging?
  • PennyCrow
    PennyCrow Posts: 11 Member
    That is my understanding too for cardio workouts. My husband explained it that the technology is measuring gyros so to keep from double logging, MFP requires a start time. But in the case of the Wii, some of the movements do not create a gyro effect, but I still burn calories. So for my question, do I need to remove the FitBit to prevent calorie confusion. Does that make sense?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    I'm new to Fitbit, but I thought the reason for entering the time of the workout was so Fitbit could remove its tracking to stop double logging?

You are exactly right. When you log the times and calories manually it will adjust the calories FitBit gave you accordingly.