99.8 pounds lost in 2013 lookout 2014

Options
oosterman
oosterman Posts: 26 Member
2013 Progress.. Down 99.8 pounds (approx). I went from not being able to do a push-up to doing 450 as PART OF one workout last week..from not being able to do 10 minutes on the elliptical to running 60 flights of stairs. More to come... Happy 2014..

SW:340
CW:240.2
GW: 200
HT: 5'10"

11701383784_a8dd3e1135_z.jpg

How did I do it? well like most on MFP I logged all my food and worked toward a fixed amount of calories per day. In the process I cut out nearly all drinks that were not water and nearly all fast food. There are no foods I don't eat. I just eat less of them or plan around them.

Most days at the beginning I would plan my full days worth of food in advance in order to not go over. I also committed to getting at least 30 mins of activity 3x a week at the start..

One of the biggest things is I always have a plan B so if I hit a wall and the scale didn't move for a while I know what my next step is to get around it. I.e. joining a gym with a training program, re-evaluating my nutrition. Getting a fitbit to monitor daily activity levels, etc. It think it all boils down to 80% eating better and 20% moving my butt more.

The biggest lesson I learned is that weight loss in more of a mental game where you play both sides. you get to choose who will win. I have another 40lbs to drop in 2014, its no longer a matter of If.. its just a matter of when i will hit that goal.

Replies

• Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    good for you man

/inspired
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    you look terrific! great job dude!
  • Flygyrl61
    Options
    Very impressive. Great job!
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    congrats amazing progress
  • RunsSober
    Options
    Very inspiring. Congrats on the goals reached in 2013.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I am so jelly ;)

Fantastic job!! Keep it up!!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Well done and keep going in 2014
  • marise51
    marise51 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...such an accomplishment and a sacrifice so well worth it . Keep going, your goal is so close now :)
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Awesome, awesome stuff. :wink:
  • griffithm1
    griffithm1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Outstanding work! That's how you do it.
  • carlalovescake
    Options
    Looking fantastic :D Really well done !!
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    amazing job! you look great. I love your approach, it's similar to mine!
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Don't even look like the same person. Did you have a problem with excess skin? Not that it looks like it in the photo but I'm just curious with that large of a change in one year. Great job again :)
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! That shows real commitment to YOU! Way to go! and Congrats!!
  • chollylops
    chollylops Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look a different person. Although you should have waited until it was 100lbs!!! Good luck for 2014 and hope you continue to achieve your goals.
  • gringuitica
    gringuitica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, and your fitness achievements are awesome!
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Wow - just Wow!
  • Dottie27
    Dottie27 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I love your quote about deciding which side gets to win. It's going on my refrigerator as my goal is to lose 100 lbs. in 2014.
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    You look great and so much happier! Amazing work :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!