5'6 ideal weight help! Please

Options
I am a 5'6 male and do not know the weight I should be aiming for .. I started my weight loss prices weighing in at 205 .. Now I currently weigh 167 and my goal is 150ish .. I can see my abs and pecs but I still jiggle when I jump ... I do body build (bench precc /clean &jerk / squat/ect..) and am currently doing insanity .. Will I finish in the 2months that insanity takes? And what would be my ideal weight? Please I feel like I'm close but I also feel like it's so far from me still

Replies

• Chapin1997
    Chapin1997 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    No one knows around what weight I should be at?
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Maybe look at a BMI chart? Since I'm not a man, I don't really have any input for you. My husband is 5'8" and likes to be around 180-185. I would say your ideal weight is one in which YOU are happy.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Maybe look at a BMI chart? Since I'm not a man, I don't really have any input for you. My husband is 5'8" and likes to be around 180-185. I would say your ideal weight is one in which YOU are happy.

Hello
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    If I was a guy your height, lifting weights, I'd probably want to be more than 150 lbs. I'm about your height and 150lbs!! Perhaps you don't want to be that muscly... It's personal preference!

There is no ideal weight. Like your muscles. Like your leanness. Like what you look like!
  • allen_ac
    allen_ac Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    A healthy male usually could be considered to have around 10-20% body fat, clearly it is different for everyone as people are different heights, muscle mass and so forth, so i can't exactly tell you what weight you should be, but you can go to google and type BMI index and match your weight and height to your generic range.

The probable reason that you "jiggle when you jump" may have to do something with having loose skin. If you lose a ton of weight, especially at a rapid pace, you may have to deal with the effects of loose skin as your body never had adequate time to adapt to your weight loss.

If loose skin is not the issue, it's probably just because you haven't got to the ideal weight for you shed that excess fat yet, you definitely could be somewhat jiggly anywhere between 12-18+% body fat, you have to get quite lean for that to go away
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    150 sounds low, because with my LBM and a good BF% at the same height I like 150, and I'm a girl. OTOH, the extra fat we girls carry might make up that difference (I'm certainly not looking to be 15% BF). If you can get your LBM checked, then you could know for sure.
  • Chapin1997
    Chapin1997 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    A healthy male usually could be considered to have around 10-20% body fat, clearly it is different for everyone as people are different heights, muscle mass and so forth, so i can't exactly tell you what weight you should be, but you can go to google and type BMI index and match your weight and height to your generic range.

The probable reason that you "jiggle when you jump" may have to do something with having loose skin. If you lose a ton of weight, especially at a rapid pace, you may have to deal with the effects of loose skin as your body never had adequate time to adapt to your weight loss.

If loose skin is not the issue, it's probably just because you haven't got to the ideal weight for you shed that excess fat yet, you definitely could be somewhat jiggly anywhere between 12-18+% body fat, you have to get quite lean for that to go away
    thanks and skin isn't a problem because I did recently find my body fat percentage and it's at 16% so maybe at 155 my abs will really be out ... Because I can see them now .. Anyways thanks for the info
  • allen_ac
    allen_ac Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    No worries, if you have any other questions feel free to PM me or add me as a friend, good luck buddy