in it for the long haul

Options
Hi everyone

I've recently been following slimming world and have found that I have trouble sticking to the healthy extras or making sure I eat enough of what they class as superfree food. I'm not knocking the plan at all as I'm still 11lb lighter than I was at the beginning of 2013. So I've made the choice to restart on here so that I have a bit more flexibility with the veggies that I eat.

I'm going to be totally honest and the main reason and inspiration for me losing the weight is we want to start a family and at the weight I am, it's just not happening. I'm not getting any younger (I turn 30 tomorrow) and the body clock is most definitely ticking.

I feel totally overwhelmed at the amount I need to lose just to get myself under the 30 bmi range (which would be necessary in the uk if we were to need help to conceive) and often find that the days when I freak myself out about this are the days that I tend to struggle with what I eat.

So, I just wanted to pop in and say hello. The new me is starting on saturday as I plan on not restricting (but most definitely not bingeing) myself tomorrow for my birthday.

I hope to get to know you all better in the coming weeks/months/etc :smile:

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Hi Emmy,

what a lovely name, first off.

Second, can I make a recommendation? I would recommend that even though you don't plan to start this thing for real till after your birthday, you still log what you eat today. Not try to stay within a calorie goal, not restrict, not binge, just to take an inventory of what a typical celebration day looks like in your current life. I can almost guarantee that you'll like having this birthday recorded so that next birthday you can look back and say "wow, look how different I've become in my habits!"

Whatever you decide, welcome to MFP. I'm gonna send you a friend request. Please, please feel free to ignore it if you already have enough friends or just don't want any more and I won't be offended, I prefer to keep a small friends list myself so that i can more easily keep in touch with people. Something is telling me I want you on that short list!
  • EmmyW1984
    EmmyW1984 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Phrick that sounds like a good idea and a brilliant suggestion for finding my way around the site while I get used to things :)

I'm currently in the process of setting up our shopping for the 13th of January (there's no delivery slots available before then), but thankfully we have enough in the cupboards and freezer to keep us going until then and we can do some shopping at our local supermarket too if we need to.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and the friend request, it's very much appreciated :heart:
  • Lisa3493
    Options
    HI
    I am looking for a small group of friends to help me stay motivated. I joined years ago, but never followed up on it. Now 30 lbs heavier and needing to lose about 90 lbs I ready to go.