Dear Noob, You Can Do It

Options
2»

Replies

• canadianvampyregurl
    canadianvampyregurl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    At first glance, i thought it said boob !!! bahahahahaha....i have such a headache right now i obviously cant see straight

im a NOOB (hehe) of sorts i guess....i was on before, got sick and stopped logging but im back with a vengeance now !!! thank you so much for your inspirational words

:)
  • 2plus2myfamily
    Options
    Thank you for your post, it has reminded me to take each day as it comes, start a fresh...

I am getting married in 10 months and want to get down to 9stone (currently 12stone 2lbs).
    After not logging for a few weeks around Christmas (and putting on 12lbs!!!) I am back to it today but feel like it's a mountain to climb again, I am worried I wont make my target goal and feel happy about how I look in my wedding dress... this post has helped me to rethink how I am currently thinking about the next 10 months :)

Well done for all your weigh loss!!! x
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Thanks “BeingKevin” for the sage advice, everytime I read one of these posts I get a little bit stronger and build a little more fortitude to make it to the end.

Knitapiece…. WoW! What a great way to look at a problem! I’m a problem solver in my work life and my real life but this is so damn simple, I never put it into the simple little box that makes so much sense. Isn’t it amazing how a simple little analogy about falling down/skinning ones knee can cause an epiphany.

Thanks to both of you.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    make it to the end.

I'm not anxious to meet my 'end....' :indifferent:
  • BendySpartan
    BendySpartan Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Inspiring as always!
  • christarae1
    christarae1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    ALways inspiring, always full of motivation and encouraging words!! Thank you!
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    You're learning a new lifestyle, so that you will never have to "diet" again.

Learn what a USDA-determined proper portion size looks like:
    http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/you-can-do-it/portion-size-guide/?sssdmh=dm17.714188&esrc=nwfitdailytip010214#page=1

This site helps by comparing portions with common objects:
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/healthy-eating/tips-for-portion-control/pictures/index.html

Don't be shy about informing your waitperson at the beginning of a meal,
    "I'll be needing a take-home box later on. Then, I'll mentally divide the plate
    into halves or thirds, eat one portion, and put the rest in the box
    for lunch(es) another day.

Best wishes!