A Logging K Hole?

Options
I'm starting to get a bit concerned here. Two weeks ago I was perfectly content, and showing steady progress, by simply trying to be mindful of what I eat and making a point of keeping my intensity levels up in the gym. I'm more of a strength trainer than a cardio beast, so the extent of my logging has always been minimal; either spreadsheets or simple notes on my phone. Now I have a Jawbone Up. Suddenly I am compelled to start logging food and workouts. Only Up and MFP do not seem to believe that strength training ( I really hate that term. Working out with weights is so much more than simple strength training. It's like referring to all cardio as "5k training" ) is an actual form of exercise worthy of being logged. A little research here and there and now I'm wondering how I ever managed to survive a workout without JeFit and must therefore download it immediately. Is this a phase or am I teetering on the edge of reason?

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I think the enthusiasm you have for logging will settle down when you get in to a routine and you've been doing it for a while. Strength training is exciting at first when you're making PRs every workout, but later on when you're working several weeks for a new PR, vigorously tracking the specifics gets less important.