So you want a nice stomach

Options
1110111112113114116»

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,604 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    I thought long and hard about sharing this pic (vulnerability and all that) but I wanted to visually show people that you can have good abs, but have them hidden by a layer of fat. I’m a bit fluffier than aesthetically I’d like, but I find this weight helps me train for my sport. You can see I have good obliques but my central abs are totally hidden. I work out hard, but to show my abs I’d have to cut quite heavily. I estimate I’m probably about 23% body fat (I store it on my tummy and bum sadly) and I’ve only had a visible six pack at c15%. That wasn’t a good weight for me. So hard weight training is a must, but for me nutrition and genetics plays a big part. 7nnginyk9rzh.jpeg

Absolutely. The only way to see abs in general is to be at or below 15%. I myself found 15% to be unmanagable.... life sucked and it just wasn't worth trying to maintain. So now I stay a bit fluffier and I'm happier for it. And just FYI, you look amazing, nothing to be embarrassed of in that photo at all.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,510 Member
    Options
    Anyone get to the point of showing abs. It's just a matter of low body fat. KEEPING IT THERE is the issue. My personal opinion is that people that have them shredded all year around are either eating just under maintenance, or are using PED's to help them keep their physique. You can have just an outline of abs at about 20% for a female and 15% for a male.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png