Puzzled???

Options
As I read through some other's posts I am noticing some "snarky" and almost mean comments. I thought this site was to support and motivate one another...not bring each other down. :( I wish people would be a little more considerate, it's difficult enough to make this life change and to put yourself out there without negative comments.

Replies

• SerenaKitty
    Options
    Ignore them, or respond as you see fit. If someone bugs you, just address them directly and move on.

Better for everyone, I think! :)
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Ignore them, or respond as you see fit. If someone bugs you, just address them directly and move on.

^^^^This

Better to just ignore than to "fuel the fire".
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Also, if you notice the same person over and over bugs you, there's an ignore user option. Just click on the little triangle next to their username in posts.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of snark, there are also folks who are practically militant that their way is the ONLY way to do things. But there are also a lot of people who have been around for awhile, know what they are talking about and get frustrated with people either asking the same question repeatedly or not liking an answer because it's not what they want to hear.

The best thing to do is read the things that interest you, use the search function and make friends with people and theninteract on your news feed. As I am sure somebody will post, it's the internet.

Good luck and ignore the ones that bug you.

ETA:fix iPad errors!
  • Dreya711
    Dreya711 Posts: 79 Member
    Options

Also, if you notice the same person over and over bugs you, there's an ignore user option. Just click on the little triangle next to their username in posts.

Oh I will do that! Thanks! I would never say anything to someone, I know it wouldn't do any good. But the ignore button is a great option.
  • Dreya711
    Dreya711 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thank you cardbucfan, great advice!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Just so you're aware, we see at least one of these "Why are you all so mean?" threads per week. I don't believe that anything has ever changed because of them (other than those aforementioned snarky posters stocking up on appropriate .gifs for them).

This is a public forum. Yes, there are some jerks around here. There are also just as many, if not more, genuinely helpful people who've been called mean, unhelpful, trolling, juvenile, jerks because they think it's important to correct misinformation on these forums. And there is a lot of misinformation on these forums.