Low Carb-ers Challenge Sept 1st

Replies

• Deezle59
    Deezle59 Posts: 5 Member
    I will join too. I am new to the site and am looking for some groups to keep me motivated.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    my daughter came out and we went out to eat. I am not doing as good as i like. its been 2 weeks since I fell and hurt my tail bone. It was a struggke gettin into and out of her car. and the booth at the resturant was terrible. We stop and pick me up a donut to sit on on the way home. It helps me get our out of my chair better.I have a CD calledGentle by Catherine MacRae's fitness I will used till I get better for my exercise and then try to catch up with you all when I get better. Wow What a problem. What pain. I am ansious to go to the doctor tomorrow and see what the MRI show up and no I did not stay on plan today.. Cheers Marie Wnderful seeing all of you showing up
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Hi everyone...I am in for the challenge....I am not able to do alot right now as my weight hinders my activity thangy.......but will check in to see what i can do.....

Thanks Lioness for heading this up...............
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Hi everyone...I am in for the challenge....I am not able to do alot right now as my weight hinders my activity thangy.......but will check in to see what i can do.....

Thanks Lioness for heading this up...............

You know..............I dreamed about this last night.................

Tomorrow I will creat the thread in the General or Motivational Support and we will all post our own goals for the month, big or small.

The main point of this is to hold ourselves accountable!!!
  • CALIECAT
    my challenge for the month of Sept.My Challenge for Sept
    20 grams of carbs 1 session of exercise per day drinker for water
    Sept 1:heart: for carbs :drinker: :drinker: for water 2 :heart: :heart: For xercise : weight:Will add my weight in Sept 1st
    Sept 2
    Sept 3
    Sept 4
    Sept 5
    Sept 6
    Sept 7
    Sept 8
    Sept 9
    Sept 10
    Sept 11
    Sept 12
    Sept 13
    Sept 14
    Sept 15`
    Sept 16
    Sept 17
    Sept 18
    Sept 19
    Sept 20
    Sept 21
    Sept 22
    Sept 23
    Sept 24
    Sept 25
    Sept 26
    Sept 27
    Sept 28
    Sept 29
    Sept 30
    This is how I will keep up with my challenge unless Lioness has a better way. Or some one else. I am not good at setting up draftsBut knew I have to have something. to make it more interesting.
  • July24Lioness
    my challenge for the month of Sept.My Challenge for Step
    Sept 1:heart: for carbs :drinker: :drinker: for water 2 :heart: :heart: For xercise : weight:Will add my weight in Sept 1st
    Sept 2
    Sept 3
    Sept 4
    Sept 5
    Sept 6
    Sept 7
    Sept 8
    Sept 9
    Sept 10
    Sept 11
    Sept 12
    Sept 13
    Sept 14
    Sept 15`
    Sept 16
    Sept 17
    Sept 18
    Sept 19
    Sept 20
    Sept 21
    Sept 22
    Sept 23
    Sept 24
    Sept 25
    Sept 26
    Sept 27
    Sept 28
    Sept 29
    Sept 30

This is how I will keep up with my challenge unless Lioness has a better way.

September we will each pick what we want to challenge ourselves with. Then October I will choose some area to focus on.

Marie - It looks like you have yours all worked out!!! Your first name is my middle name.

Talk to you soon.
    Cora
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    @lioness-will weeping the challenge here, or will you be moving it?

Hm...a challenge for September that I designate for myself? I haven't a clue! I just finished up my summer challenge...so I need an idea! I have no problems with eating...LOL. Anyone got something for me? :smile:
  • July24Lioness
    @lioness-will weeping the challenge here, or will you be moving it?

Hm...a challenge for September that I designate for myself? I haven't a clue! I just finished up my summer challenge...so I need an idea! I have no problems with eating...LOL. Anyone got something for me? :smile:

I am going to create a new thread...............

Maybe kicking up your exercise a notch? Do you drink enough water? Hmmm, has to be something to improve on.

Maybe adding in a new fruit every week and see how your body reacts?
  • saverys_gal
    I've been doing pretty good with my exercise here the past couple of weeks and that wasn't a "challenge" per se. My water intake is always over 100ozs. :smile:

Maybe fruit...maybe I can make a goal to eat fruit once a week and see what happens especially now that summer is almost over...
  • CALIECAT
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I could live on fruit.
    Just got back from the doctor. My Mri looks good no problems. He said it will take a couple months for my bruise to heal. oh boy. i can do what I can do. which wont be much.
    But I do have a question with a problem I am havin Thats start with a big CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC ( condtipation) how do you handle that. I have had problems all week, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    HI, I will give this one a try, I want to get back on my low carb plan, Sept. 1 is a good place to start. My goal for Sept. will be journaling, 1. fiber 2. water 3. Net carbs

I will try to check in daily, but using my cell phone, I do what I can. It is not an iphone.

Hi Marie, thanks for the link. Re: your delimma, Jim uses stool softener. He takes one per day, even when he is not having difficulty. I think it has sodium, which I know you keep low, so you might check first. Phillips in tablets or liquid is a gentle choice for regular use. For me, I try to eat fiber in other ways besides fruits. Beneful powder, added to beverages, and Polaner makes preserves with added fiber. Also, I eat sunflower seeds and other nuts as snacks, and they help me when we travel.
  • July24Lioness
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I could live on fruit.
    Just got back from the doctor. My Mri looks good no problems. He said it will take a couple months for my bruise to heal. oh boy. i can do what I can do. which wont be much.
    But I do have a question with a problem I am havin Thats start with a big CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC ( condtipation) how do you handle that. I have had problems all week, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hot drinks (coffee, tea) and milk of magnesia............You might want to up your veggie intake too. Drink lots of water.

Glad your MRI looked good.
  • CALIECAT
    Phoebe Good to see you here. That other link that barbs gave i like too i post on both Barbs post there too.I get my Atkin book tomorrow. you can copy my chart and the days you can post just check them off or however you want to do it. Luv you kikdoWhat ever you so drink That water keep the carbs low. I hear over our local news that 2 glasses of water before each meal will act as a diet pill Cheaper too.
  • saverys_gal
    Marie-

Also, if you up your fiber intake too quickly, it can cause the unwanted constipation. :ohwell: I think this a is a common problem for people who start to eat well! Up your fibrous foods slowly and make sure you are drinking plenty of water so everything can travel "smoothly"!

Nicole
  • CALIECAT
    Thanks Nicole. Every since you mention fruit this morning I hae been drooling on a big fat green thompson cold grape Love those.The peaches was so good this year. Wish i had frozen some. I did freeze some of those bing cherries. for when the time come.
    Time to get ready for bed
  • CALIECAT
    My challenge for Step.
    Sept1
    Sept 2
    Sept 3
    Sept 4
    Sept 5
    Sept 6
    Sept 7
    Sept 8
    Sept 9
    Sept 10
    Sept 11
    Sept 12
    Sept 13
    Sept 14
    Sept 15`
    Sept 16
    Sept 17
    Sept 18
    Sept 19
    Sept 20
    Sept 21
    Sept 22
    Sept 23
    Sept 24
    Sept 25
    Sept 26
    Sept 27
    Sept 28
    Sept 29
    Sept 30
    This is how I will keep up with my challenge unless Lioness has a better way. Or some one else. I am not good at setting up draftsBut knew I have to have something. to make it more interesting.
    Edited by CALIECAT on Mon 08/30/10 07:48 AM [/ur

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach

Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

Report Post|Quote|Reply
    July24Lioness
    Joined Jul 2009
    Mon 08/30/10 07:37 AMQUOTE:

my challenge for the month of Sept.My Challenge for Step
    Sept 1 for carbs for water 2 For xercise : weight:Will add my weight in Sept 1st
    Sept 2
    Sept 3
    Sept 4
    Sept 5
    Sept 6
    Sept 7
    Sept 8
    Sept 9
    Sept 10
    Sept 11
    Sept 12
    Sept 13
    Sept 14
    Sept 15`
    Sept 16
    Sept 17
    Sept 18
    Sept 19
    Sept 20
    Sept 21
    Sept 22
    Sept 23
    Sept 24
    Sept 25
    Sept 26
    Sept 27
    Sept 28
    Sept 29
    Sept30
    Sept 31
  • My September Challenge...

Sept 1 Start using my aerobic dance videos and my strength training ones. Drink more water.
    Sept 2
    Sept 3
    Sept 4
    Sept 5
    Sept 6
    Sept 7
    Sept 8
    Sept 9
    Sept 10
    Sept 11
    Sept 12
    Sept 13
    Sept 14
    Sept 15`
    Sept 16
    Sept 17
    Sept 18
    Sept 19
    Sept 20
    Sept 21
    Sept 22
    Sept 23
    Sept 24
    Sept 25
    Sept 26
    Sept 27
    Sept 28
    Sept 29
    Sept30
    Sept 31
  • July24Lioness
    Y'all are gonna have to copy and paste your calendar into the new thread when I post the challenge tonight for starting tomorrow morning.
  • July24Lioness
    I will no longer be participating in this, so please someone else step up and be the leader of the challenge for the group for September.

Good Luck to you. Your in my hearts and mind.
  • saverys_gal
    Hi LLCers! Since Lioness has stepped down from leading up the challenge for September we need someone to fill the slot; I'm happy to do so. I've let the LLC group know that someone is needed and have asked if anyone would like to do this-if any of you guys want to lead us, step on up! :happy:
This discussion has been closed.