Dannon Light&Fit Greek Yogurt

Options
2»

Replies

• BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Within a greater frame of appropriately balanced macros and calorie intake for your current weight/composition and your goal weight/composition, there's absolutely no reason to avoid sugar in any form unless you have a medical reason that dictates that you do so.

There, with that out of the way....I've only seen the fruit flavors in my grocery store!! I wish they had some of these others, they sound lovely. I really like the light and fit - I'm not the hugest yogurt fan in the world, but this stuff is pretty good, has a great macro balance for my needs, and is a great grab-and-go to have for breakfast at work (with a little flax granola - perfect!).
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    How much sugar is in one serving of light and fit dannon yogurt?

This. Toasted Coconut has 7g. Meh...:indifferent:

ETA: I've seen worse...

Really? Is that true? Does one serving contain 7 grams sugar? That's like approx 2 teaspoons?
    You do know that all dairy contains natural sugar in the form of lactose, right?

ETA: One 8 Oz. glass of plain skim milk has 8 grams of "sugar" in the form of naturally occurring lactose ...

True. The amount of sugar in milk is astounding. But I agree with BarbieAS also. No need to completely cut out ALL sugar unless medically necessary...If it fits in your macros, great! Have a sugar party! But by using MFP and learning the "hidden" sugars in things, I'm much more aware of it now because I can still easily go over my allotted sugar intake in a day by eating things that don't even appear to have a lot of sugar (i.e. nonfat milk).
  • fitnthin2b
    Options
    Banana crèam is also delicious. That was my first fave. Apple pie is also really good, but the it is not as calorie friendly.
  • SnowWhiteFanatic
    SnowWhiteFanatic Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I love most of the flavor but my 2 ultimate favorites are toasted coconut and blueberry. The blueberry is like a little pie in your mouth!
  • ahendz
    ahendz Posts: 16
    Options
    Where do you get these delicious flavors?! The only ones my grocery store carries are strawberry and blueberry! They're pretty yummy, but these other flavors sound delicious!!!
  • gloriaqzhao
    gloriaqzhao Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Good point! That's why I stick to plain greek yogurt and add my own fresh fruit or honey. However, sugar flavored greek yogurt is still better than icing on the cup cake
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Where do you get these delicious flavors?! The only ones my grocery store carries are strawberry and blueberry! They're pretty yummy, but these other flavors sound delicious!!!

I have found them at Wal-Mart...as well as Kroger and Hyvee. I feel like in the US they should be at any larger chain grocery store.
  • AnAmericanGirl2
    AnAmericanGirl2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    All my faves are Oikos too, but the ones without the "fruit on the bottom". The banana and coconut are great with the 100 calorie pack cocoa almonds mixed in. The apple is great with plain almonds.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Not much, it's artificial stuff. Frankly I tried a couple and the chemical aftertaste totally turned me off... I'll stick to my Wegmans/Trader Joe's/Chobani yogurts. I love the Oikos ones though, but with the higher calories I only have them once in a while.