Ready to lose again & need the support

Options
svgarcia
svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
Hi everyone, I'm so glad I found this site!
I used to go to Weight watchers back in 2007 & have lost 27lbs. I have gained weight--almost all of it back.
My weakness is eating alot of junk foods, mainly sweets----chocolates, that is my weakness!
I would track every now & then, but then I forget come mid day....I end up eating more during dinner, i guess it's because I have to cook for my family & end up eating what I cook.
I workout at least 2x a week weight training at home on my own (beginners schedule) and i do cardio at least 2-3x a week for at least 20-30 minutes.
Why do I do that to myself, work hard and then eat junk.....That's why I need accountability! I dont have the $$ to spend on weight watchers right now as my husband is the only one that works. I'm a mother of 3.
Thanks in advance. I look forward to supporting this group in anyway i can.

Replies

• Maggie1960
    Maggie1960 Posts: 322
    Options
    Hi there! MFP is a brilliant support, and unlike WW, it doesn't cost a penny. I am finding it a fantastic help, and simply logging my food and exercise every day, and reading and posting on the message boards helps me feel in control. I am positive and optimistic that I will achieve my goal, no matter how long it takes me. And you can do it too!:flowerforyou:
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    This site is great! Welcome. you will find great support here! :) Good luck :)
  • Loubaby2010
    Options
    Hi I am also new today and an X weight watcher.. Like u i also "like my food" and hate feeling deprived, I'm hoping MFP will help when i am choosing the foods as unlike ww there is no points working out which usually meant i deprived myself then craved ! so can see where you are coming from the people here are very friendly and here's hoping for a good result for us both xx
  • joeycob
    joeycob Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello fellow newbie! This site is fabulous and I love that I can update my food diary from my iPhone!

Good luck with your weight loss! :)
  • kiki17
    kiki17 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi and welcome! You're going t ove this site!! kiki
  • stef102093
    stef102093 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've found another great thing about this site is the app you can get for your phone, it makes logging your meals super easy especially since most of us have our phones with us all the time. It automatically sync with the online version so you information is in both places, so you can check in on either your phone or online. Made a huge difference for me otherwise I would always forget to bring my food log where ever I went and in doing so would forget to write stuff down, this is quick and easy and you can just look up the food in the database. Super awesome and easy!!!!!
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone for the support! I really appreciate that!

i really need the movitvation! let's help each other! maybe we could set up a team thread so we can keep each other accountable!
    Maybe we could put our starting weights, bodyfat percentage, measurements of chest, abs, hips, thighs, etc.....
    Journaling what we eat......
    Let me know what your thoughts!
  • geregad
    geregad Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I'm a frequent flyer to this site for years...although since april i've gained about 17 pounds that i'm looking to get off of me. completely fell of the wagon actually -- too much to do with stress, school, work and kids. this is my first day back and i'm looking for encouragement as well as willing to give it back! good luck to you!