Adopt a Noob: Capt_Apollo

Options
Capt_Apollo
Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
I really like what's going on right now. a lot of people in the community are helping out new members, and i'd like to do the same.

I like to do races, and my goal would be to help out anyone to do their first race. You will be signing up for a race that is this summer, even though you might not be ready for it. I will help you be ready for it.

I'm entering my third full race season, and already have a bunch of races planned. I do triathlons, foot races, open swim races, and mud and obstacle runs.

i'll help you find a race and formulate a training plan. i'll encourage you when you need it, and kick you in the butt when you really need it.

Please send me a quick message and lets get started!!

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I just started week 4 of couch 2 5 k and would like you to coach me. even though i'm not a noob. i just wanna be able to bounce my ideas off someone. well someone other than the other 10-15 awesome runner ppl I already know. Maybe someobody should start adopt a bewb b/c a lot of the interested parties are not actually noobs?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    I just started week 4 of couch 2 5 k and would like you to coach me. even though i'm not a noob. i just wanna be able to bounce my ideas off someone. well someone other than the other 10-15 awesome runner ppl I already know. Maybe someobody should start adopt a bewb b/c a lot of the interested parties are not actually noobs?

that'll work. send me a PM.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m4klap8WyZ1rwcc6bo1_500.gif
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    i'd like to add that if you are in the New York City area, we can meet up and train a few times, and i can even be there for your first race to help you along and do it with you!!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Matt24442
    Matt24442 Posts: 324
    Options
    This will be the one I vouch for. Read his profile and you'll see.
  • 84jeepster
    84jeepster Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Great idea Capt! Your adivce, experience and sense of humor will help lots of people reach their goals this year!
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Good work Apollo!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    buuuuuump.

i'd really like to find someone to help.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    okay, got a few new people!!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    dear mods

this was originally posted in "Getting Started" because i want to help some people out. You decided to move it without asking me. I understand that some threads were jokes, but this was not. I have already started talking to a few new people to help them out.

I have never seen a website get up in arms and immediately start defense maneuvers because its successful, enthusiastic members decided to stand up and help out the new strugglers, to the point where they literally pick up the offer of help and drop it in the 'this is a joke' section. If everyone offering to help is a joke, then everyone asking for help is the punchline.

#freeyoovie
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    This will be the one I vouch for. Read his profile and you'll see.

+1
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    dear mods

this was originally posted in "Getting Started" because i want to help some people out. You decided to move it without asking me. I understand that some threads were jokes, but this was not. I have already started talking to a few new people to help them out.

I have never seen a website get up in arms and immediately start defense maneuvers because its successful, enthusiastic members decided to stand up and help out the new strugglers, to the point where they literally pick up the offer of help and drop it in the 'this is a joke' section. If everyone offering to help is a joke, then everyone asking for help is the punchline.

#freeyoovie

Wow.

#freeUV
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I'd just like to add that the good Capt is awesome and highly motivational. He has long been an inspiration for me where my fitness is concerned...and tequila.
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    bump
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Can't believe they sent you to "Chit Chat..."