Motivating music for exercise?!!

LauraAkaTigger
LauraAkaTigger Posts: 145 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi All,

Ive upped my execrise for the last 2 weeks since I joined here. So I walways lishen to my ipod and am now getting sick of the same songs!! theres only some that are suitable to listen to to keep me motivated.

My current favorite is 30 seconds to mars - closer to the edge.. it has me skipping down the road!!!

Other favorites are:
Club cant handle me right now - tao cruz
candyman - christina aguilera (cheesy but works!)
Aint going down til the sun comes up - Garth Brooks
Rollin and Tumbling - Imelda May
Cant stand me now - Libertines
In pieces - Linkin Park

Yes its a mixed bag of music but it works for me!!.. you may not know some of it as im from Ireland and some of the music is probably different...

I looked up a couple of sites for ideas for music... one site had the #1 song as Alicia Keys - no one... seriously I couldnt exercise to that!!! its WAY too slow for me... but i guess people have different preferences....

Anyway does anyone have any good recommendations?

Replies

• LauraAkaTigger
    sorry for typos... should have proof read it first ;-p
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Missy Elliot songs
    - Work it
    - I'm really really Hot
    - Pom Pom
    - We Run This
    - any song used for Step Up movies lol
  • Cina04
    oh and any Britney Spears dance songs like Gimme More, Get Naked, or like her remixes
  • Cina04
    Somebody to love remix - Justin Bieber lol

Bulletproof - La Roux

Oh Lady Gaga of course!!! lol
  • TMLS
    TMLS Posts: 125 Member
    For me, I started out with the obvious big beat/rhythmical music that gave you something to time yourself with but eventually my playlist's evolved to just be a pool of my favourite music. I found that if I'm listening to something I enjoy then it helps the workout - even if it's something that doesn't really fit what I'm doing. Of course, music is subjective so I'm sure you could have 100 people reply on this and have 100 completely different suggestions! That's why I won't suggest a song, it has to be what works for you (inspiration's good though).
  • LauraAkaTigger
    Thanks for the replies.. la roux good for me too.. in for the kill gets me going as wella s bulletproof!!...

I realise people have different preferences for music but a good beat and an uplifting melody helps!!

i am just looking for inspiration, I guess... I cant listen to slow music - even if I love it when execrcising.. it doesnt help the pace!!!
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    I'm always on the lookout for music to add to my playlist too. I find that the start and middle of my workouts need music with strong fast beats to keep me going and cool downs need something slow like Beyonce's If I Was A Boy. On my playlist at the moment is:

Airplanes - B.O.B
    Cruel Intentions (Joker Remix) - Simian Mobile Disco feat Beth Ditto
    OMG - Usher
    Hold On - En Vogue
    Ride on Time - Black Box
    Push It - Salt n Pepper
    Sober - Pink
    Never Forget You - Noisettes
    Talkin to Myself - Eminem feat Kobe
    Beyonce - Smash into you, Halo, Sweet Dreams

I do love pop music!
  • victork
    victork Posts: 1
    Download the Juno Breakbeats podcast from ITunes. It's the best workout music ever!
  • I like listening to a lot of pop/punk: kids in glass houses, starship cobra, forever the sickest kids, paramore....
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    I also sometimes download an episode of House or True Blood onto my iPod touch to get me through workouts!
  • LauraAkaTigger
    Thanks!! Im going to look all of those up!!! I go onto itunes for new music and then find it hard to get music suitable

I even downloaded "eye of the tiger" 2 days ago.... an oldie but a goodie!!!
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    My favourites at the moment are:
    - Dynamite by Taio Cruz
    - Crank That by Soldier Boy ft Travis Barker (the drums are ridciulous!)
    - If I Ever See You Again by Timberland ft Katy Perry

Also anything by Lady Gaga (Just Dance, Telephone, Poker Face), Beyonce's Single Ladies, Britney Spears (Piece of Me, Toxic, 3). Black Eyed Peas (I Gotta Feeling)

I love having new music to workout to, I hope you like these ones. They are all pretty much poppy, good beats.. well, to me anyway!
  • abbiez
    abbiez Posts: 229 Member
    I am absolutely obsessed with Carry Out by Timbaland feat Justin Timberlake.

I could listen to just that song and be satisfied through my whole workout! In fact, im gonna put it on right now while getting ready for a run :)
  • LauraAkaTigger
    thanks for replies!!

when I get out of work in an hour or so im going to go onto itunes and check some out!! ill; let you know how I get on!!!
This discussion has been closed.