Replies

• MMulder68
    MMulder68 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Any reason you don't want to wear shorts? I wear running shorts for almost everything but also have some basketball-style shorts that I like to wear from time-to-time. They're loose on the legs/butt but have a fitted waist so nothing droops.

My butt tends to hang out the bottom. I also like a snugger fit so when I'm running or lifting I don't have to feel my fat bounce around.
  • sbilyeu75
    Options
    I went to ****'s Sporting Goods yesterday and tried on several brands, Nike, Reebok, Under Armour, etc. I can only say that ya'll may want to squat and check your butt in the mirror because every single brand (except Under Armour) sheered out in the bottom. Under Armour was too low cut and tended to slide down.

I have a feeling that before it's over, I will be attempting to make my own workout pants.
  • sbilyeu75
    Options
    I went to ****'s Sporting Goods yesterday and tried on several brands, Nike, Reebok, Under Armour, etc. I can only say that ya'll may want to squat and check your butt in the mirror because every single brand (except Under Armour) sheered out in the bottom. Under Armour was too low cut and tended to slide down.

I have a feeling that before it's over, I will be attempting to make my own workout pants.

Really MFP you starred out D-I-C-K's. What if that was my name, I could almost be offended here.
  • bridgew24
    bridgew24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have rather long hips / a high waist so I feel your problem with odd fits.
    High waisted things are never high waisted on me!
    But I have 3/4 Core Stability tights by Lorna Jane and I love them.
    Not see through, your butt crack won't show no matter how you're bending and they stay put!
    They aren't exactly cheap though.
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have several pairs in a few brands. I second the Walmart tip! I have a set of their running capris and tights and they are great! I also have a pair of champion capris I like as well as a pair of nike cold weather running pants.

I shop thrift stores a lot so all of the above I bought in like new condition at a thrift store.
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Forever21 has the best workout gear!
  • MrsJS5
    MrsJS5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Anything Nike. I like the 2.0 Legend Capris. Nike tights tend to "ride up" less than other brands and they are made of a thicker material so they just look smoother on - don't show lumps and bumps as much.
  • kdb247
    kdb247 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I can only workout (Run/Weights) in fast drying Spandex that are bacteria resistant. They dry quick after cardio and give while squatting. I love the shine, pretty colors and the various lengths. Try a pair.
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I almost always end up wearing my husband's basketball shorts because I have yet to find ONE pair of workout pants that I really like. I'll be interested to see what other suggestions you get.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Old Navy? They have some pretty good stuff, and a lot of their pants come in long or short lengths as well, so you wouldn't always have to go with capris. Not sure if they have the varied lengths in-store, but they should online.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has petite sixes for is shorties and is pretty roomy in the butt. I have a few from there that have stayed on and in place through a few mud runs that I love. They are also currently on sale.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I have some from old navy- and while I LOVE them- they to tend to slip a little- but I am not 100% certain if that's because they are smalls- and I've put on some weight from my bulk- or just the rise is not quiett tall enough to make it UP over the lady lumps. Not sure- still really like them- they are one of my favorite pairs because of the structure of the pant.

Also TJMaxx has some great pairs- not sure the brand- all mine are stripey and neon. (SUPER FAB)

and then the Target Brand- not the basic brand- the slightly more expensive Platinum ones? Reversible with a mini pocket- have kind of a sea foam green band.... holy crap- I have 2 of them and they are thick- and have worn like kevlar armor. I have had them for like 4 or 5 years- and I'm only considering replacing them now because they are a little big on me. 34$ and well worth it.

Edit- I have a 29/30" waist and a 40-42" hip/butt... so I know of this falling off squatting butt issue. It's a huge pain.
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I have 2 pairs of these. http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/legendary-slim-training-capris/pid-723828/pgid-1488836

They are not cheap, but they are amazing!

Yep...I love my Nike Dri Fit capris and shorts!!
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I second Lucy and personally, Lululemon are my favorite. They come in sizes, 2, 4 6, 8, etc. so I find they fit better. They aren't cheap though so be prepared to drop some cash if you go to either of those stores. I like the Wunder Unders from Lulu. I have a friend that also swears by NIke ones.

+1 on the Lululemon
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Basically any slim pant made by Nike is amazing. I have the flared running kind that fit like yoga pants. They're so stretchy and comfortable, and the waist comes up to my belly button, absolutely no gap or crack-showing :)
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I second Lucy and personally, Lululemon are my favorite. They come in sizes, 2, 4 6, 8, etc. so I find they fit better. They aren't cheap though so be prepared to drop some cash if you go to either of those stores. I like the Wunder Unders from Lulu. I have a friend that also swears by NIke ones.

+1 on the Lululemon

LMFAO...

"they come in sizes"

well I should hope so- that's kind of SOP for most companies who make work out clothes for women.

That being said- I refuse to cater to a misogynistic company like that- I will not purchase their clothing EVER.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I have taken to getting BCG brand tights from Academy and then wearing those under basketball shorts (the kind with the little perforated holes in the fabric, a drawstring waistband and pockets). That's what I feel most modest in.
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Try Athleta. www.athleta.com They have a huge selection of cuts, styles and fits, including short, average, tall etc. The fabric is supportive and "holds you in" but isn't super thick - it actualy breaths. These things are bullet proof. Yes, they're expensive ($50 to $75) but they last forever. I hate how cheap spandex starts to show little pieces of broken stretchy string, not to mention the "pilling" where things rub. Don't get me started on the see-through aspect. Athleta clothing does none of those things. And, they have a "love it or return it" policy. So if you wear them, sweat, squat, run and decide you don't like them, take them back - anytime. I just returned a sports bra after 9 months because an underwire poked through. Any other sports bra I would say, "well, great run, guess I need a new one" - Not Athleta. They said it should not have done that during regular wear and tear for at least a year, and gave me a brand new one. Really great brand that looks great, fits great and wears like armour.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    And, they have a "love it or return it" policy. So if you wear them, sweat, squat, run and decide you don't like them, take them back - anytime. I just returned a sports bra after 9 months because an underwire poked through. Any other sports bra I would say, "well, great run, guess I need a new one" - Not Athleta. They said it should not have done that during regular wear and tear for at least a year, and gave me a brand new one. Really great brand that looks great, fits great and wears like armour.

that's awesome- I saw someone running in a sports top of theirs and piqued my interest- no clue they had such an awesome return policy!!