will i still lose weight if go over on fat

Options
heya guys ive been doing this a few weeks now. i always try and stay under my calories for the day but the last week or so ive been going over on my fat. will i still lose weight as long as i stay under my calories?
thanks

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Remember Healthy fats are good in moderation. Like nuts, seeds avocado ect .. So watch your calories. :-)
  • DJH510
    DJH510 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    yep you will, always used to over on fat or carbs myself and had no problem losing. Going over on fat may have other health consequences but regarding weight loss you will be fine as long as you are still under on calories!
  • crazychick87
    Options
    ok thanks for that guys thats a real help. better make sure i stay under my calories :P
  • 2BSuccessful
    Options
    ok thanks for that guys thats a real help. better make sure i stay under my calories :P
    3500 calories = a pound of weight. So, eat 3500 fewer calories than you need to "maintain" your weight, and you will lose a pound. And/or you can also excercise off the calories.
  • sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    Options
    Yes you will still lose, but you are less likely to feel satisfied by what you eat

1g of fat= 7 calories
    1g of Protein or Carbs- 4 calories

So it would make more sense to fill up on lower fat items, with the same calories, as you get more for them :)
  • carlyefg
    Options
    Yes you will still lose, but you are less likely to feel satisfied by what you eat

1g of fat= 7 calories

So it would make more sense to fill up on lower fat items, with the same calories, as you get more for them :)

Actually 1g of fat has 9 (NINE) calories.
    and yes, protein and carbs have 4 calories.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Yes, you will still lose, but keep in mind your overall health too; cause being skinny and unhealthy is not an option for me. That said, don't fret if you are occasionally going over or if your fats of choice are of the healthier variety, such as almonds. Just try to pay attention to where your fats are coming from and why you are going over and educate yourself as you go along. Good luck and press on!
  • sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    Options

1g of fat= 7 calories

Ooops I must have been getting confused with alcohol... :)
  • carlyefg
    Options

1g of fat= 7 calories

Ooops I must have been getting confused with alcohol... :)

Have you been drinking?? LOL

I just got one of those free diet plans off a Facebook advert and did a nutritional breakdown of it, and they had underestimated the calories by 400 per day. Apparently they thought fat has THREE calories per gram. Which is 2800 extra calories per week people are eating, shocking!!
  • gmclachl
    gmclachl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think most people don't get enough fat in their diet. Actually let me rephrase that, I don't believe most people get enough healthy fats in their diet. As people have pointed out 1g of fat is 9kcal, so just make sure you allow for it.

I aim for 100g of fat a day, which I get from eggs (people freak about cholesterol, but that is nonsense) olive oil (I mix it through shakes, add it to veggies etc) peanut butter, and whole foods. I also pop quite a few fish oil caps a day, as I don't eat oily fish as often as I should.

George