Sore, groggy, unmotivated

Options
So I am in the middle of my second week with Beachbody's Slim in 6 program. I have been doing great with the exercises and the food consumption. This morning I woke up hurting from head to toe; headache, shoulders, middle back, lower back, knees. I feel overworked somehow. The other day I thought I was getting a cold, but I got up, worked out, did my normal routine, and by lunch I felt fine, this kinda feels like that "got ran over by a truck" feeling I get when I am catching something. With my knee hurting this bad I think it needs a break, think an exercise this morning that is low impact, with ALOT of stretching afterwards. Then a good healthy breakfast, and maybe a few extra vitamins with my daily multi. Any other suggestions on what to do with this awful feeling I am having this morning?

Replies

• TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a good plan. Maybe just a fast pace walk- it'll get the heart rate up,

also try this

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/113528-best-low-calorie-vitamin-packed-energizing-smoothie

Its a really great vitamin packed smoothie low cal- sounds like just what you need, and get some extra rest in today :D
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Take care of yourself and listen to your body. Drink lots of water and gently ease back in to your workout, while exploring other options that may not require you to use the same muscles.
  • Allie_Dreams
    Options
    Make sure you up your water intake a little bit more. Water helps filter our body. So if you are coming down with something, you need the extra water to help push it out of you faster. Exercise is your best tool for boosting your immune system. Try a short light walk (slow pace) with something supporting your knees, or a little yoga or Tai chi, low impact aerobics. Anything to keep your immune system reved up. I felt the same way last week (my second week). My family doctor told me that my body was not use to the continued exercise and it was almost like body sabatoge. But what was actually happening was My immune system was flushing out toxins and cleansing my body out because my immune system was getting stronger and could fight off the little things now. My joints and muscles hurt because they were not use to the continued work, which meant I needed to continue but give it a day or two rest so I wouldn't pull anything. Don't get me wrong it is hard as heck to keep pushing when you feel like crud warmed over, but it is worth it. This week is working out better for me and I am less sore because of it. Good luck and best wishes.