2014 - Year of YAYOG

Options
This year I'm planning on using the You Are Your Own Gym (YAYOG) book, DVDs, App and EFX to get in my best shape ever.

Here is the plan that I've laid out for the year:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ak35REbb2l5AdGNzcGl4MmE2U1JESEYtcW0xSDF3dmc&usp=sharing

I got the YAYOG DVD set for Christmas and plan on starting with those first. My plan is to use the DVDs in "mini" Periodization blocks. Starting with Novice and progressing through the Adv. DVDs.

After that, I plan to move on to EFX, a new DVD program by Mark Lauren.

Then finishing the year with two 10 week rounds of YAYOG. I hope to be able to pass the minimums for 1st Class after 7 months of working with the DVDs. However I won't know until the time comes to test!

I'm also thinking about documenting my progress via a blog on here (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ithink2020) and/or via twitter (@MatthewASchmitt).

If you have used the YAYOG DVDs, book or App, please let me know what you think of the program or my plan.

Thanks,

Matt

Replies

• bmfuhs169
    Options
    Hi Matt!

Bryan from Fitocracy :) You were kind enough to share your YAYOG tracking sheet with me, remember? Anyway, didn't know you were on MFP too. You are definitely following the right progression. I started with Novice and now am working through the Intermediate. I had emailed Mark Lauren about when to start EFX, and he recommended to work to the Advanced YAYOG DVD's and then do EFX after I am able to do the Advanced YAYOG. Anyway, keep on going with it :)

Bryan
  • ithink2020
    ithink2020 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey Bryan!

Glad to hear someone else to doing the same thing. Keep me posted on how you progress!

Matt
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I just started the Body By You program. Evidently, the main difference is that the increments are more subtle, but I have already skipped a couple of steps and I have only done the evaluation and one day. I might end up just getting the YAYOG app, instead.