UK TV programme on now "Too fat to fly"

Options
DR2501
DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
Basically there are undercover passengers testing airlines to see how comfortable the flights are for overweight and obese people. They test the 3 b's - boobs, bum and belly. They keep saying its ridiculous that the tray table won't go past their bellies, or that they can't turn around properly in the toilet, or that two large people can't sit next to each other.

What are your thoughts?!

To me it's annoying as they seem to expect the world to fit around them, rather than them slimming down for the world. They're genuinely disgusted that they can't fit into the standard seats and that they need seatbelt extenders!

Replies

• RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Basically there are undercover passengers testing airlines to see how comfortable the flights are for overweight and obese people. They test the 3 b's - boobs, bum and belly. They keep saying its ridiculous that the tray table won't go past their bellies, or that they can't turn around properly in the toilet, or that two large people can't sit next to each other.

What are your thoughts?!

To me it's annoying as they seem to expect the world to fit around them, rather than them slimming down for the world. They're genuinely disgusted that they can't fit into the standard seats and that they need seatbelt extenders!

It is as ridiculous as me climbing into a child's playhouse and then whinging it is too small. Everyone knows planes are cramped spaces.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Exactly. No one is comfortable on a plane right?

This guy is demanding an emergency exit seat because he's overweight
  • nbingham
    nbingham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    So if you have really large breasts, you're expected to what? Get a reduction surgery? Sorry, but in that particular case, I feel they may have a point. I've known plenty of otherwise small women with very large breasts. Until I saw your post, I really never thought about how uncomfortable standard plane seating would be for them. :-\