Question for leg day/days

Options
Looking for different opinions for pros and cons of training legs light multiple times throughout the week, like 2 times.
How do you feel about this approach as opposed to training them thoroughly one day in the week heavier.

I don't care if you love or hate it. No one is right or wrong here so let's have none of that, what are your thoughts and pros and cons in your opinion. Purely out of curiosity here folks

Replies

• Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Personally I do 1 Full Leg workout early in the week & 1 Squats & Calves workout later in the week. This works for me. Personally I'm not a fan of "bro splits" i.e. hitting a muscle group only once a week.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I do legs twice a week. Both heavy. As long as you get enough rest inbetween it's fine!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I train legs twice per week also. If you have trouble recovering you may need to consider less volume per workout but most people can handle more than they think..
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I try to do full body compound 2-3 days a week, so yes, legs gets trained 2-3 times a week.
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i usually get 2 leg days a week, both heavy and every 3rd week i try to change up one of the days to a deload day
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I had to switch to multiple times a week because the wheel chair I had to bring for after the once a week leg day blast does not fit in the lockers.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I try to do legs as much as possible. 3-4 times a week.
  • PureAdamic
    Options
    I did a program where I squatted 5 times a week for 10 weeks. 3 days were back squats and 2 days were front squats.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Look at the squat Nemesis program. Lifting 5-6 days a week to max singles. I'm doing something like that right now myself.