1 pound down 74 to go!!! Trying not to "Crash Diet"

Options
Here I am, my 2nd day of trying to lose this weight...I went down 1 pound YEAH!! What is the hardest part for me is that I am impatient! I want to lose alot of weight fast!! I am very used to going on "crash diets" so I could drop the weight fast..The only problem is, as soon as I went off of it, the weight came back on..I am trying to just cut back and cut out the things I know are bad for me. I figure if I lose it slowly from "lifestyle changes" that maybe I can actually keep it off this time??
Here's hoping for the best!

Replies

• abbiez
    abbiez Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Lifestyle changed are definitely the way to go! Good luck to you :-)
  • abbiez
    abbiez Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    oh & congrats on your loss ! :D
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I had about the same amount to lose when I started. I took a calendar and wrote my "anticipated" weight on each Monday, losing 2 pounds per week, right through the year to my hopeful goal weight.
    I had a week in July after vacation that I was depressed, not thinking I was as far as I wanted, thinking this was taking so long (Im quite impatient also). I pulled out that calendar and much to my surprise I was the exact weight that I had anticipated I would be at that day! Some weeks I don't lose 2 pounds, some more, but it all averages out if you are dedicated.
    Understand that you didn't put this weight on in a few months, it took ages, and taking it off takes some time and work too . . . but SO WORTH IT!
    Good luck!
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    As to not get disheartened I spent the first week and a half NOT weighing my self.... For this reason you look at the scales and it says a pound off today tomorrow it might come back then the next day it might lose 2 lb. I weighed my self on day one then had the diet and lots of water for the next week and a half then weighed my self and I saw the change. I get disheartened if I look everyday because I WANT /NEED to see a loss or I want a chocolate bar.. Weighing my self 3 times a week cuts all this out because normally evey three days ill have lost an extra pound
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race.....Remember you didn't put it on fast
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I understand, healthy progress is slower. I do suggest not weighing daily. I do weigh a couple of times a week but I only have One official weigh in each month as hormones shift your weight too. Have other goals. Set mfp to record your iron, vitamons, calcium, and fiber intake, then work on acheiveing the daily amounts within your catagory. Those are acheivements that your body will thank you for. When I get impatient for my next loss, I consider what I have accomplished. Only 5 pounds a month so far, but if I continue then in 10 months that will be 50 pounds gone and I will be living in a healthy body. Best wishes,