Little or no loss - is it the diabetes??

Options
Hi!

Since I started using MFP religiously on 2nd August (3 weeks ago) I have followed strictly the limit of calories allowed and exercised a lot more. yet the loss is minimal, nothing like the goal set of between 1 and 1.5 pounds a week. Is it my diabetes? The insulin? I always eat less than 1200 calories in planned meals to allow for any hypos (attacks of low blood sugar levels) when i need to drink Lucozade or have something extra to eat, because I found that I was going slightly over my calories daily when i went low during the night or day and had to have a bottle of lucozade or eat an almond slice or a sandwich to recuperate!

Replies

• Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    What have you set for your goal? You should be minimum 1200/day (I know because I don't lose weight if I don't eat that.. the dreaded starvation mode). Have you recalculated your goals for a current calorie count? (It goes down, but only to 1200 per day).

Also, is your 1200 a net number, and by that I mean net after exercise calories are factored in? Your journal might say 1200 but if you exercised 800 cals off today, you only had 400 calories and your body knows this.

Mirii
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    You might take a look at some of the diabetes web sites that have sample menus and compare your diary to them, see if maybe you are leaning too heavy on certain foods. The best thing to do would be see your doctor or a nutritionist and work with them on setting your goals unique to you.

Good Luck!
  • VikingPrincess
    Options
    Thanks, both!
    It may well be the fact that on 60% of days I didn't even get to 1200 cals. I do now, and although I have lost more, it's still annoyingly up and down for no reason at all. Even the Professor who sees me for my diabetes at the hospital doesn't understand it. I exercise, eat correctly yet one week i lose 2 pounds, only for the week after to gain nearly a pound!!