Exhausted, Tired, Dishearted, Wishing It was Over!

Options
Susay2942
Susay2942 Posts: 211 Member
I hate whiners...so I cant believe Im doing this. My husband is tired of me being sick and i am definately tired of it. I seem to have a "cluster of autoimune disorders". Hypothyroidism, Gall Bladder disease and Ulcerative Colitis. Just had the Gall Bladder removed and the Ulcerative Colitis decided to flare its ugly head. The thyroid is a daily struggle. I was so Healthy when all this **** started...running,,, lifting weights awesome to die for healthy body! Now i feel and look like a slugg.... I start over and over and over to getting back in shape and I just get sick again! 5 days in Hospital Nov 2012, 7 days in Hospital Ulcerative Colitis July 2013 and Gall Bladder surgery Dec 23, 2013. Its seems the low residue diet is all that works, but its not enough for high energy fuel burns and muscle building! Ok so Im 50! It should not be the end of life as I want to live it!

Replies

• AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I feel you, hon. I was diagnosed with a slew of congenital defects, food intolerances and hormonal imbalances in the last few years, and it reaches a point that you just want to have a sit down and cry. My advice? Do that, a few squares of high quality dark chocolate (shouldn't mess with your issues too bad, tastes delicious and gives you an endorphin hit) and then go "OK, this is ****e. But I am better than this, and I will beat it, because my body is not my Master." Follow dr's orders, adjust and move on. It's the only way to do it, I'm afraid. *hugs* Health issues are sucky.
  • Susay2942
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words..... I really need them...been waking up in tears every morning since the surgery. Everyone kept saying it was the simplest surgery, I have had too many to discuss and this was the worst! I just cant seem to heal:( and i think they bruised my ribs pretty good if not cracked one :(..
  • Eketahunachick
    Options
    Oh you poor thing I was diagnosed with colitis in my early 20's and it was the worst time of my life .Luckily it has gone into remision but I do know what your going through. Add me if you want .Take care hon xx
  • mtapia713
    mtapia713 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    ((Hugs))

1)See a dietitian, pay out of pocket if needed.
    2) Look up VSL#3
    3) Avoid gluten
    4) Limit fats until tolerated better.
  • snowbear1005
    snowbear1005 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm going through this myself. Been trying to get into a diet and workout routine for the past several years. Just as soon as I'm getting started, I get sick again. Between June 2012 - April 2013, I was hospitalized 4 times. I have Lupus, Gastroparesis, and severe IBS. I have to be careful with cardio because intense or long workouts cause flares and abdominal pain.

I just saw my doctor yesterday for a check up and I told her I was feeling so much better. Then, I was up all night because of pain and this morning my hands are swollen. I'm due for my meds tonight so tomorrow I'll be wiped out.

I wish I could be more encouraging, but all I can say is try and try again. One day, we'll get there. lol
  • Susay2942
    Options
    Thank you for the response! I wish I wasnt so whimpy....but it really helps to know Iam not the only one!
    Today was another rough one... i went from the couch to the bathroom, to the couch, to the bathroom.... i couldnt eat all my calories because im feel stuffed ! Baloated and yucky yucky yucky!
    This has just gotta end! Waaaa waaaa waaa waaa!
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    That is really tough....Don't keep the tears or stress in. You will get through this...it is okay to ask for help. Sending u hugs.
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Dear Susay,

Hi, I'm 51 and have health issues too that cause significant impact on how I want to live my life. Have been diagnosed with Lupus in May 2013, so second auto-immune problem along with a pain condition called Central Sensitization, that I've had since a fall in 1997.

2103 is a year I wish I could forget. I understand your feelings, I used to be strong (doing bushwalks, climbing mountains, despite the pain....I was actually advised that it was the best thing to be in as fit as possible for controlling the symptoms of the Central Sensitization), however this was the worst possible behaviour if you have Lupus.

I'd had Lupus for over 3 years before I got properly diagnosed......so those years I was pushing *kitten* up the hill and wearing myself out completely. I have been in hospital so often ....the staff and I are on a first name basis and that stinks.

Like you I have felt defeated, old, totally overwhelmed by the pain and just plain pissed off. I have done all the denial stuff as well....(such a bad idea and has only sent me backsliding further)....Oh dear, you wouldn't think I was 51 .....I sound like a rebellious teenager.

Thank God, tho I am managing times of inner peace. I agree totally with others in taking the time to honour your grief and loss.....fighting it delays the inevitable and in all honesty who can blame you for feeling this way. Once I did this and got some counselling too, I was able to come to a more liveable place of acceptance. Sadly tho I have to accept that life isn't ever going to be the same. I'm not able to do what I could before, but that doesn't mean my life is any less wonderful....it is just different.

You are going thru so much.....from what you have written you are barely getting time to catch your breath before another health problem seems to rear its head....that truly takes courage and it's incredibly tiring facing this sort of issue day after day. I wish you and your family all the best. Don't compare your healing times to others......your body is under loads of extra pressure so it makes sense that you are going to have a longer recovery period.

Very best wishes.
    Take care of yourself and be kind to yourself above all.
    Karen :heart:
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options

from what you have written you are barely getting time to catch your breath before another health problem seems to rear its head....that truly takes courage and it's incredibly tiring facing this sort of issue day after day. I wish you and your family all the best. Don't compare your healing times to others......your body is under loads of extra pressure so it makes sense that you are going to have a longer recovery period.

This.

When I turned 40 (expecting to be doing longer & longer swims & tris along w/my friends), you'd have thought my warranty expired. It's hard to be patient, and I sincerely wish you all the best in your journey to wellness.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I cannot really add anything useful here, but I am sorry to hear about your health issues. I had a very bad illness a few years ago that had a slew of ongoing related issues, so I can empathize with the feeling that you keep getting kicked in the stomach (although my issues were not comparable). All I can do is wish you well. Feeling down and frustrated is a very natural thing in these situations so try not to beat yourself up when you have days when you 'feel sorry for yourself'. It's natural and human.

Good luck.