It's harder for women over 45?

Options
I used to easily loose weight and tone up quickly. In the last 5 years if I work at it really hard I loose very little. But if I don't work at it I gain 10 pounds a year! Is it harder over 45?

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Everything slows down as we age, so yes, I really beleive that it is harder in your 40's as opposed to your 20's. It isn't impossible though, but I do find that any lapse in diet or exercise has bigger consequences and you have to work a bit harder for the same results. Im steadily losing about 2 pounds per week by being very dedicated to my health though, and it is getting easier as my body is getting used to this lifestyle.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Yup it is. Seems like we have to work twice as hard as we used to. Seems like we are more the tortise than the hare, slow and steady wins the race.

Good Luck!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I work twice as hard as I used to, for twice as long, and loose half as much (if I'm lucky)! I hit mid 40's and packed on weight where I never had it. And it's stuck there!

I thought maybe it had something to do with hormones. It all happened at about the time the hot flash began. Although I have been a little overweight before, it never kept creeping up and sticking so hard. Exercise doesn't seem to matter half as much for my weight loss as restricting my food. Although I know I have more energy and a tighter body for the activity.

It's good to see people that are actually loosing weight. I guess it can be done.
    Natalie

1407960.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods