13»

Replies

• tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I use the following techniques:

1) Wash and blow dry bang area only
    2) dry shampoo
    3) Do weights and cardio on different days and don't wash hair when I do weights
    4) rinse hair and condistion
    5) Use argan oil when overwashing hair to keep it from dryng out too much
    6) Use hair masks from time to time
    7) tie my hair back into a bun when its dirty
  • Fit_Natasha
    Fit_Natasha Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I love that you posted this because I bet no men are reading this thread - so I can ask my question, too. I hope it's okay if I hijack your post for just a second.

Winter running tights without shorts over them are so popular - but what, if anything, do you wear under them? None of the obvious options work for me (ouch; "look at her panty lines"; and yuck, that's gross) ... I'm trying to figure out if any maker has them with the "hardware" built-in ... can't find anything like that. Curious ... not creepy. Thx. My fiancé will be so happy if someone can give me a good answer, so I can stop bugging him about it. Like he cares, lol!

I don't know what do you mean under winter running tights -- what is the different with regular running tights? Personally, I can't exercise in thongs and I really don't care that someone can see my panty line while I am running (I just don't thing it gross, it's just natural :). I saw exercise panties in store, but never tried them. They made out of thin lycra type material, so maybe the panty line will be not as visible?
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Hey there Natasha - thanks for your thoughts. I just meant under - as in what do you wear under them - the winter running tights. lol ...

I am good to go ... I was checking to see if there was some other option out there I didn't know about. I think I'll continue to look like I'm straight out of the 80s and wear my tights under my shorts.

:) Happy weekend, peeps!
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    If my hair is getting too dry from washing too much I will wash it every other day and on the "other" day I just condition it.

I also don't blow dry my hair though so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I do co-washing only so it's not been an issue. My hair is has gone from past my shoulders to mid back since last spring, it's overall much healthier since giving up shampoo.
  • msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I shampoo every other day since my scalp has a tendency to be MEGA OILY - but I also put a little argan oil in my hands and massage my hair to the tips to make it easier to brush and because where I am the winters are very cold (minus 37 degrees C next week) and the summers are windy and dry (average 30 degrees above) so this helps keep it tame.
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I love that you posted this because I bet no men are reading this thread - so I can ask my question, too. I hope it's okay if I hijack your post for just a second.

Winter running tights without shorts over them are so popular - but what, if anything, do you wear under them? None of the obvious options work for me (ouch; "look at her panty lines"; and yuck, that's gross) ... I'm trying to figure out if any maker has them with the "hardware" built-in ... can't find anything like that. Curious ... not creepy. Thx. My fiancé will be so happy if someone can give me a good answer, so I can stop bugging him about it. Like he cares, lol!

I found these thin lycra Nike shorts that have a double layer in the crotch area that I use as underwear for running. Something like this: http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/5-pro-core-compression-shorts/pid-829546/pgid-1488883. I imagine some folks use them as running shorts, but for me they're undies. They come down about 4 inches on the thigh so no VPL.
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I don't know where to post this, but I figure this board is my best shot. I workout 5x a week for about 60-65 minutes. I obviously get nice and sweaty. I have long treated hair (hi-lites and low-lites). I use salon products on my hair, but I really want to only wash my hair every other day. My hair gets entirely too dry if I wash it daily. What does everyone do? I cant be the only girl that is trying to keep from drying out her hair by avoiding over washing. (Side note--I do shower daily and some days twice). Does the dry shampoo work for sweaty hair? Ugh...typing this out I feel like everyone is going to think Im gross. Lol

Help????

I work out five times per week and only use shampoo once per week--at the recommendation of my stylist! I condition every time I shower, but I don't need to shampoo. I don't see why you'd need to either. Some people have oily hair that needs more frequent shampooing, but that doesn't seem to be your issue.
  • mhasita
    mhasita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I wash it with a sulfate-free shampoo. My scalp gets really greasy if I don't and I workout 6 days per week and have curly dry hair.
    what I do is coat the lenght of my hair with conditioner and only apply shampoo on the scalp: I part my hair and do that in sections, that way my scalp is clean and my hair is hydrated.

Also, every 2 weeks I coat my hair in coconut oil, leave it 1 hour and then wash it. does wonders for dry hair!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Same here. On off wash days, I will sometimes just wash my bang area and re-dry, or use dry shampoo.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Obviously I have super short hair...but over the years I've had everything from waist- to shoulder-length and all in between, and I have had to wash my every single day regardless of length because it gets oily and difficult to style with even one skipped day.

Sorry I wasn't more help Jaycie!! Just chiming in :-)